Gunco Forums banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello to everyone. I'm an old new AK47 owner...meaning I'm an old guy who used to look down my nose at AK's as "cheap junk". After a lot of reading and careful research, I changed my mind. Let my last AR go about 6 years ago. Got the "Assault Rifle" bug again, and bought a CAI Yugo underfolder (M70AB2T). Bought in person at my favorite gunshop. It seemed well built. 500 rds with no problems, minute of torso accuracy (about 3.5" with Wolf), HALF the price of the AR's on the shelf. Very Happy almost senior citizen.

·
Citizen, Patriot, Ranger
2,862 Posts
Welcome to the Dark side. We have Cookies and Ammo...

·
Banned
4 Posts
New England Patriots Nfl jerseys

Six Years contract -Future is Vick
Vick, 31, becomes second in salary among NFL , Only Lower than New England Patriots' Tom Brady (18 million a year) among NFL quarterbacks. His deal averages about $16.67 million per year. The news was announced last night by Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post, who has worked for the Philadelphia Eagles in the past as a contract negotiator.
The team then announced they had come to agreement on a six-year deal.The Eagles finished this evening their most pressing bit of contract-related business before the start of the 2011 NFL season -- they agreed to a six-year contract , $100 million contract with quarterback Michael Vick, which will lower his cap number this year from $16 million to about $14.4 million, a league source confirmed.
It might be worth noting that since the Eagles now definitely won't be franchising with Vick again, they will have that tag available if they need to use it on wideout DeSean Jackson, whose contract expires this season. The Eagles and Jackson have been discussing a new deal, but they are not believed to be close to agreement.
Philadelphia Eagles had franchised Vick this season for $16 million, but he would have become an free player after the season, unless they reached agreement on a long-term deal then, or franchised him again. Had the Eagles and Vick not reached a contract by Sept. 20, they would have had to wait until after the season to talk.
Rumors that a Vick deal was close have circulated for about a week, but Eagles sources and sources close to Vick would not comment.
Eagles coach Andy Reid told the Daily News today when asked about any possible qualms concerning Vick. "He's worked very hard this training camp,"The question was asked before news of the deal broke.
when asked about staking his future on Vick. Reid said,"I have Belived in him. I know Michael vicks’ a good football player,"
Michael Vick joined the Eagles in 2009, fresh from a federal prison term for dogfighting, having declared bankruptcy. It will be interesting to see if his contract contains any clauses beyond the norm relating to personal conduct.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
:usuck::eek:fftopic::spam:
Six Years contract -Future is Vick
Vick, 31, becomes second in salary among NFL , Only Lower than New England Patriots' Tom Brady (18 million a year) among NFL quarterbacks. His deal averages about $16.67 million per year. The news was announced last night by Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post, who has worked for the Philadelphia Eagles in the past as a contract negotiator.
The team then announced they had come to agreement on a six-year deal.The Eagles finished this evening their most pressing bit of contract-related business before the start of the 2011 NFL season -- they agreed to a six-year contract , $100 million contract with quarterback Michael Vick, which will lower his cap number this year from $16 million to about $14.4 million, a league source confirmed.
It might be worth noting that since the Eagles now definitely won't be franchising with Vick again, they will have that tag available if they need to use it on wideout DeSean Jackson, whose contract expires this season. The Eagles and Jackson have been discussing a new deal, but they are not believed to be close to agreement.
Philadelphia Eagles had franchised Vick this season for $16 million, but he would have become an free player after the season, unless they reached agreement on a long-term deal then, or franchised him again. Had the Eagles and Vick not reached a contract by Sept. 20, they would have had to wait until after the season to talk.
Rumors that a Vick deal was close have circulated for about a week, but Eagles sources and sources close to Vick would not comment.
Eagles coach Andy Reid told the Daily News today when asked about any possible qualms concerning Vick. "He's worked very hard this training camp,"The question was asked before news of the deal broke.
when asked about staking his future on Vick. Reid said,"I have Belived in him. I know Michael vicks’ a good football player,"
Michael Vick joined the Eagles in 2009, fresh from a federal prison term for dogfighting, having declared bankruptcy. It will be interesting to see if his contract contains any clauses beyond the norm relating to personal conduct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question...

I'm looking at buying my first AK. It's an Egyptian Maadi A.C.C. INT/Intrac. The seller says it's pre-ban, but I thought A.C.C. was only post ban. How do you tell? The engraved date on it looks kinda like an 85, but it could just as easily be interpreted as a 95. I don't want to buy into a pile of bat crap, and have to spend more $ to bring it into compliance. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike

But you might want to post this in the AK Discussion area, not everyone comes in here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm primarily an HK collector/owner, but looking to add AKs to my collection. Been wanting to build a Kriinkov sometime now but my procrastination is killing me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New guy

I'm a new member but an old hand at this game. Used to live in Wyo, Idaho, and a bunch of other states, but due to job just relocated to Fl.Former CCT back in the day-left SE Asia in '75 due to change in management, had FFL as gunsmith till B Clinton's treasury jacked up the license fees and made it hard to part time it. Look forward to meeting the members as time moves forward. Nature of job means I'm out of town a lot, In Saudi right now, limits the amount of time I can play in my shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello

New to this forum, I have been a proud preban Norinco 56S owner since 1989 and purchased my first AR last year. Looking forward to sharing information and ideas with everyone.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hello and welcome guys!
You'll find this a nice comfy spot on the net
A mixture of everything-from firearms to fights(well not realy fights-just oppinion differences-all good though ;) )

hello im new to here ...can anybody point me in the direction of identifing a .25 cal pistol with missing slide ?
To answer your question try posting a pic of it when you can,theres a bunch of guys who might even have parts for it! :)
You could look at the Numrich Arms catolog at the schematics and see if you see anything close

Y'all enjoy the forum!!! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hello

I just though I woulld say hello I am new here, and just getting back into things , and I found your site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Virginia

Howdy folks. I just registered due to my recent purchase of a AKM /AKS blank from Sportsmans guide.
Anyone with any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am no gun smith but I am a plumber so I do have some handiness.
Id like to ask first off, with the Polish built AKM blank, what are my options to variety of options I have for this? Can it be .308 or 12 gauge Saiga or even a RPD type rifle with one of those heavy barrels?
I own a WASR 10 already so I might want a different shooter. I am sort of leaning to the Saiga or RPD if possible.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Howdy folks. I just registered due to my recent purchase of a AKM /AKS blank from Sportsmans guide.
Anyone with any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am no gun smith but I am a plumber so I do have some handiness.
Id like to ask first off, with the Polish built AKM blank, what are my options to variety of options I have for this? Can it be .308 or 12 gauge Saiga or even a RPD type rifle with one of those heavy barrels?
I own a WASR 10 already so I might want a different shooter. I am sort of leaning to the Saiga or RPD if possible.
Thanks guys!
Hi doninva,
welcome, these blanks are a bit limited due to the thickness of the blank, if you have an AK blank you can build just about any verity of an AK, and the same with the AKM. myself I just prefer the AK. to the best of my knowledge a RPD cannot be built on these blanks due to the fact they are to thin. and I was informed several months ago that there were no blanks that to build a saiga 12 ga.,,, the Best thing about building these guns is that they are about as easy to build as the AR. Hope this helps if you have any other questions just ask away...Doc

161 - 180 of 202 Posts