Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taking an informal pole here .......Whats a 1700 Sq Ft fam house on ten acres with a barn /well/septic/and a tank worth in your area? Thanks in advance..........OUT

·
Registered
102 Posts
WFO2 a 1700 sq ft house on a lot 6800 sq ft not very big in my area is about $650,000. just nuts here rick

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
A while back a house about that size and 17 acres went for $70,000. Actually sat on the market for a while.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
With that amount of land--is country or kinda suburban? Out in the country land is close to 25k an acre so I'd guess around 250k - 300k. Put it this way--my mom's neighbor had converted a double wide trailer into a "house" attached a garage and put in brick skirting had 4 acres of land and the place sold for just about 190k--incredible. but if more suburban--double the price....

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
My neibors 1800 sq ft home on 3.5 acres has just sold for $700,000!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Land depends on the location. In this area land can be bought as cheap as $1,500-$2000 and acre for land that can't be built on or farmed up to the sky is the limit for land in highly developed places.

Most houses that are 1,700 SF here probably are worth $75,000 not including the lot. But, some could be old run down clap traps that you would have to pay money to demolish and haul off and some may be worth a bunch of money.

I'd guess a typical farm house fitting your description would sell for around $150,000 around here, maybe a little more.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
75_stingray said:
My neibors 1800 sq ft home on 3.5 acres has just sold for $700,000!
I'll never live on your side of town then :bawling: there goes my movie plans for "Naughty Neighbors" :naughty:

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
In Miami one buildable acre residential land in a good neighborhood is about $1M.....if you go south it drops somewhat.

you can check my website, go to "listings" and you'll get an idea, at least in Florida.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Taz38 said:
With that amount of land--is country or kinda suburban? Out in the country land is close to 25k an acre so I'd guess around 250k - 300k. Put it this way--my mom's neighbor had converted a double wide trailer into a "house" attached a garage and put in brick skirting had 4 acres of land and the place sold for just about 190k--incredible. but if more suburban--double the price....
Oh it's out in the country. Prices of real estate has really shot up since folks from out of state have swollowing up land. 10 years ago I knew a fellow that bought a 60 acre farm with a decent house for $20,000. And that was about the going rate. Wasn't really a bargain at that price.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Down near my Dad a farm with 125 acres and a good sized older farmhouse went for $140,000 about 2 years ago in western Maryland. My wife and I have thought hard about moving to an area like that, but she is begining to bulk more and more. She wants to be in Suburbia. I have no need to be near what we are now!

Crime, stupid punk teenagers, bad schools, intolerant cities, no place to shoot, stupid ass neighbors fighting in the street at 4 AM, stupid ass neighbors having parties until 4 AM, and police helicopters orbitting overhead at 2 AM.

It might sound like I live in east LA, but I don't! I live in a pretty decent area. It's too close to where the action is and that is a problem.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
WFO2..........it's almost impossible to place a value on your property over the net using the information that you supplied.
To really find out what the market value of your property is, hire an appraiser, this will cost about $300 and then you will know for sure what the value of your property really is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts