Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those single shot coffee makers so I could offer guests at my office some fresh brewed. I don't drink much coffe, but I will occasionally sip some bailey's and de-caf on cold winter nights.

Lately however, I've been putting an envelope of swiss miss cocoa powder in the cup and putting it under my single-shot. Makes a pretty good and pretty cheap moca.

De-caf only though. I drink a two-liter of Mountain dew every two days, but regular coffe gives me the shakes.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Bluedog said:
De-caf only though. I drink a two-liter of Mountain dew every two days, but regular coffe gives me the shakes.
Wimp. :biggrin:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I used to never be able to drink coffee. Loved the smell of it, but hated the taste. Now, I love both.

·
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's because pop (I'm from Michigan, we say pop) does not have nearly as much caffine as legend holds.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I start my day with about half a cup of cuban coffee ( a variation of italian espresso, but stronger) and then go through about 10 cups of regular cava throughout the day, with boosters of the strong stuff at lunch and dinner time.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
WV calls it pop also. I've noticed what you mean. When we travel, I've noticed most other folks call it soda.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Preacher said:
WV calls it pop also. I've noticed what you mean. When we travel, I've noticed most other folks call it soda.
Must be talking about soft drinks. To me everything is a coke.

·
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lupeloff said:
Must be talking about soft drinks. To me everything is a coke.
Yeah, I've heard you rebs say things like "what kind of Coke do you want? Pepsi or RC?"

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
We Hoosiers call it "pop" also. What else would ya call it? :D

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
OK, I'll test everyone, Anybody know what a "poke" is? (And no the answer isn't X-rated)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Gee, maybe pepsi mixed with coke????????????

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Preacher said:
OK, I'll test everyone, Anybody know what a "poke" is? (And no the answer isn't X-rated)
Sure do.........and you better change the water ( drain, add fresh water) when cooking. :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
DorGunR said:
Sure do.........and you better change the water ( drain, add fresh water) when cooking. :)
I thought that was polk.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Used to be the sack or bag a hobo carried on the end of a stick with his belongings, especially food. Often made from a hankerchief or scarf.

Guys out West used to use that term for money, like a stake.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I was referring to a bag. A lot of folks that I run into outside WV have no clue what a poke is.

I also know exactly what DorGunR is talking about. Poke Weed has many uses, but it has to be boiled or it's poisonous. It can also be used for skin treatment.

Here's a link with some of the uses:

http://northbysouth.kenyon.edu/1998/health/pokeweed.htm

Correction:I guess it's just the berries that are poisonous. I was always told that the leaves were, but what I've surfed so far says just the berries.

Do you know DorGunR?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Well, I learned something today, I always called it polkweed. Now I feel dumb.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts