Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You folks in WV had some nasty weather last night, my Expedition was covered with salt when I got home and I had to follow behind an 18 wheeler cause I had trouble seeing the white lines on the highway, I came back from Kansas via I-70, I-64, I-79, I68 and back to I-70.
1200 miles in 21 hours..........and I damn sure feel it now.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Glad you are back buddy, hope you had a great time.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Glad ya made it back DorGunR. Hope ya got to spoil the grandkids ALOT.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Welcome back there DorGunR. :)

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
DG were you a truck driver in a previous life?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This pic was taken from my son's deck, his property backs up on an 86 acre lake.........lots of duck & geese. There is a small berm to the left (not in pic) where we did some shooting, I say some cause it was too cold to shoot very much. Besides I wanted to spend my time spoiling the grandkids.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
He has a nice back porch!! BTW glad you're back safe and sound!

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Didn't notice you were gone....................

Kidding.

Hope you had a nice trip, glad to have you back in one piece.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Welcome Back DorGunr. I sympathize with anyone that travels I-68. Man that has to be the nastiest stretch of road in the country.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
DG,

Welcome back, glad you made it safely.

Your son has waterfowl hunting and a range in his back yard?
Man, that's my idea of paradise, not to mention the beautiful view. <turning green with envy>

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I know I'd keep my trap thrower set up all the time. And, I'd have a range for rifle, and a pistol range, and a cowboy shooting range and............... :D

Oh yeah, hey DorGunR, you suggested I post pics of my cart I was building as I progressed. Here's the first bunch of pics. :http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3494

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome back, guys. I really did miss this place while I was away. Pogo thanks for posting those pics of your cart...........damn, you sure do some good work.........I wish I was as handy with wood as you are, that is a good looking cart...........but you still need white sidewalls. :wink:
And my son (SouthernPartisan) plans on a larger berm for rifle and pistol and he has shot thrown clay "birds" from his deck using a friends thrower. Guess I gotta buy him a good mechanical thrower for Christmas or birthday.

Thanks again guys.............good to be back.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
DorGunR,

If you sometime decide to get him a clay bird thrower, make sure you buy one that's 3/4 cock. Any good brand of machine will have ones that are 3/4 cock. If you don't know what that means, just look for it to state that is what it is. Anything less is far too much work to cock, and will break after a couple of cases of birds anyway.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I think you should get permission from the rest of us before you head out again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts