Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, felows I just got out of jail for a DWI. Which I didn't feel drunk, but was pulled over for check this out "weaving in my lane"...which is crap. I tried calling several lawyers including Aclay47, but never got an answer. This one cop did something to a female in there that I won't ever forget.( Even though I protested with handcuffs). There was little I could do.

They where locking her up, and she was just crying saying she has some rights. Well....I don't want to say what happened, but it was sad and she didn't deserve what she got.
It was messed up.

Anyway the cuffs are off and I am out, freeeeeedom. I can apply for driving privlages in 10 days.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
glad to hear you are out.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Sorry your having problems, Jake.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
What was the alcohol count, Jake or did they get you for "impairment"?

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Peacemaker,

This isn't the first time you have had problems with drinking. It is starting to become more frequent. You are going to have to admit you are having an alcohol problem and seek help. This isn't something you can beat by pretending it doesn't exist. I'm not making fun of you, but I'm giving you the same advise I would if you were my son. It's your life, only you can do something about your problem.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Now theres somthing to be proud about and worthy of sharing with the world.

Was it a good time?

Jail is for fuck-ups.....are you a fuck-up?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Pogo said:
Peacemaker,

This isn't the first time you have had problems with drinking. It is starting to become more frequent. You are going to have to admit you are having an alcohol problem and seek help. This isn't something you can beat by pretending it doesn't exist. I'm not making fun of you, but I'm giving you the same advise I would if you were my son. It's your life, only you can do something about your problem.

I am in agreement. Even if there was no problem until now this has been a significant event and you have to make serious changes. I am an attorney, and my firm does tons of DWIs here in Pennsylvania. I tell my clients that a first time is the wake up call. The problem is that most don't hear it. You have to understand that alcohol has made a major impact on your live (you lost your freedom). Stop drinking now, get help, and go to AA every night until you can get in control of the problem. For long term recovery AA is the only thing that works. Some people I know that have been in recovery for years, make AA a daily routine. What ever it takes to stay sober and alive. I am sorry to preach but I have seen how good people are distroyed, familys torn apart, and lives lost. Jack

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
dinkydow said:
Now theres somthing to be proud about and worthy of sharing with the world.

Was it a good time?

Jail is for fuck-ups.....are you a fuck-up?
You've got that right Mr Dinky.

Jake, I thought you had given up drinking.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
aviator said:
Oh My God....I am surrounded by them..........

No wonder this forum has so much quality in it.
Well, you are in a fine mood this morning.

·
6,361 Posts
Custer said:
Well, you are in a fine mood this morning.
Good morning to you my friend.....I'm still a pretty sick person....I have a doctors appt. tomorrow, since my doctor friend and client didn't really see anything in my throat, but I can't talk, swallow or smoke. And I need to talk a lot this next week.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I hope he fixes you up quickly. You've been fighting this for at least a week now.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
The last bout with the flue or cold or whatever I had lasted at least two weeks. Hope ya get to feeling better Aviator. :)

·
6,361 Posts
I came down with it on Thanksgiving day, was down and out for 3 days 'till I took some self prescribed antibiotics I had, fever was gone and pain almost gone, but came back, my oldest already went to his doctor, he's got strept throat, so he was given a week's supply of antibiotics, plus a shot, he's got finals next week, so he'd better get in shape quick. I suspect it will eventually go away or kill me, one of the two.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I think it was Sir Walter Raleigh who on the verge of being beheaded, said it cures all diseases.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Jake,

You have got to wake up as others have said. You don't want to be a drunk, get it under control man!

My father inlaw is a functional drunk and my wife and her brother spend a lot of time really pissed at him. Get yourself together before 20 years goes by and everyone is driven away from you.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
In my position, I have seen many things drunk drivers do. I have seen severe injuries, deaths and familys destroyed. Ironically, the drunks drivers themselves usually walk away with no injuries at all. Another common thing, is that most DWI persons say " I was not drunk!"

I applaud the courage you display by admitting what happened, now take the next step and accept responsibilty and get help.

I remember a television commercial years age that related to drunk drivers that said something like this "if he is sick, lets help him, but first lets him get off the road"

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I would not assume a drinking problem from one DUI especially as the standards are getting lower all the time and in some cases they are charging people with mere "impairment" which is terribly vague and sujective.

However, many of us have read plenty of Jake's previous posts and the behavior pattern does raise red flags of sincere concern.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Please take this in a good way.
Goddammit, Jake, what the hell are you thinking? I know you are not a stupid fellow, but I suggest you remove your head from your ass. Pogo is absolutely correct-you have a problem, and if you don't sit down and take a real good, hard look at your life and how you are living it, you are going to make it very difficult for yourself.
You are a talented guy and we all have seen your posts about playing in bands and writing lyrics, ect. We have also seen your posts where you are obviously asking and answering intelligent questions. Then again, we remember those posts made PUI (posting under the influence). You are a bright guy but drinking reduces even the most intelligent of us to slobbering idiots.
I remember the post about you leaving the band because of the lifestyle they were leading. Look, it's possible to lead the rock lifestyle without external stimulants. Look at Ted Nugent, we all know what a righteous guy he is, still a serious (SERIOUS) artful musician, but drug and alcohol free. So, it's possible.
If you have a problem, own up to it. It's OK to admit you have a problem. It's also up to you to take charge of your life. Once you realize you have a problem, you need to take steps to correct it. Following the twelve steps is the way to go. And here they are:

1) Admit that you are powerless over alcohol -- that your life has become unmanageable.
2) Come to believe that a Power greater than yourself can restore you to sanity.
3) Make a decision to turn your will and your life over to the care of God as you understand Him.
4) Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself.
5) Admit to God, to yourself and to another human being the exact nature of your wrongs.
6) Be entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7) Humbly ask Him to remove your shortcomings.
8) Make a list of all persons you have harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all.
9) Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10) Continue to take personal inventory and when you are wrong promptly admit it.
11) Seek through prayer and meditation to improve your conscious contact with God, as you understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that out.
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, try to carry this message to alcoholics, and practice these principles in all of your affairs.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Jake, I echo what others have said above, it's time to wake up. If you're going to drink and destroy your life, that's your choice, but please don't get behind the wheel of car while drunk! Your instincts aren't as good as when you are straight, all it takes is one slight mistake and you could kill a whole innocent family. My daughter and I almost got into a nasty accident because some asshole was weaving all over the street. Thankfully I noticed it right away and went in a different direction, but that was just a little too close for comfort. In an instant you could change lives of others and your own life. You could've been sitting in jail for involuntary manslaughter, so consider yourself lucky.

About 15 years ago, my friend left a party to drive a girl home, he was toast. (no one saw him leave) He ended up crashing into a guard rail coming off the expressway. The girl had broken collar bones, knees, arms etc. He went into a coma and they pulled the plug a day later. 17 years old and lying in a coffin that was closed because his face was so messed up. Don't let that be you.

Listen to what the others are saying, it may be some of the best advice you've ever received.

Glad your out and safe, but please take this as a wake up call.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts