Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you don't have a TV but this might be worth visiting a friend and watching on the History Channel:

Special Presentation: Ben Franklin
Sunday, December 5th at 8PM/7c
This two hour special presentation features the commentary of some of the foremost experts on Franklin's life and legacy. Together with archival images and narrative quotations from Franklin's writings and letters, this compelling program will engage students with its vivid portrayal of Franklin's early life, his travels, and his critical contribution to the creation of the republic. Ben Franklin would be useful for classes on American History, American Culture, Government, and Civics courses. Due to some more sophisticated and mature content involving Franklin's personal life, we recommend it for 8th grade and above. Click here for the teacher's guide. (To download this file, you need Adobe Acrobat

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up!

My OTL recently read a biography of Franklin and was really taken by what a Renaissance Man he was, with enough packed into his life to make for several different careers among several different men among we ordinary mortals. I'm running through my mind a list of folks I know who have satellite or cable...

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife got it and finished it. I am half way through it now.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Smegma,why did you change your username for this board?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
dinkydow said:
Smegma,why did you change your username for this board?
When I registered I found that the name had already been taken. Turned out that someone - I think SangRun - had courteously reserved it for me. In the meantime, though, I've decided to keep Dzerzhinsky, the founder of the NKVD, precurser to the KGB.

Although our name actually is Equality 7-2521.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts