Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a not-so-expensive internet solution for my home. I am stuck each evening with my 26.4 kb dial up, hating everyone that posts big pictures.
Getting time outs and all that non sense. Forget satellite, that costs too dang much.
Found a local "terrestrial wireless internet" providor that will get me up to 3 meg bursts for $59 month. I am paying $43 now for my metro phone line alone, if I didn't get a dial up for free I would be out the same money monthly. There is a one time install at $179, but how much is happiness really worth.

I am excited, just had to let you guys know that were unaware that this is available.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know, I have to pass the line of site thing and then they will see.....

BTW, my home phone is only my internet and fax line, so that is going to be cut off.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You dont have cable television in your area? Comcast offers high speed internet that uses the same cable to your T.V. for the internet.

·
Registered
396 Posts
That's good. They finally extended the wireless coverage area near me. So I want to ditch the land line telco and tell em adios.
They want 70 a month which is not bad considering my phone bill along with DSL is way over that. Cell phone and wireless Internet - Yup. Hope everything works out for ya.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I'm glad to see the phone company and cable companys get some competition. They have had a monopoly too long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts