Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
Joined
·
8,717 Posts
And I've enjoyed reading them all.(or at least all since I've joined)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
All worth reading too.

Damn Custer, that was fast. You're about to blow by me, and I've been here since day 1. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,233 Posts
Congrats Custer. :thumbup1::thumbup1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Wow. Are we gonna be like the other place and have everybody clap and congratulate when the "post" milestones are reached?

Personally I found that behavior to be rather clique-ish and a definite turn off when I started hanging out over there.

I enjoy your posts very much Custer, most all are meaningful and make the reader do a little thinking and maybe even an attitude adjustment. :)

But I would hate to see this site fall into that post count thing and see folks just posting a smilie or a brief "ya got that right Brother" just to stay in the post count race.

A rude anology that I noticed up on another forum is "it's sorta like winning a medal in the Special Olympics, ..........nah, I'm not gonna relay that, you all can guess the rest of the comment.

Let's just try to post quality, and downplay quantity. I hope to never see the comment "here you are with "blank" posts and right away you're are questioning me and I have 2 bazillion posts on this sight <snif, snort> and how dare you ques......................

Anyway, that's my hope and request for Christmas. God Bless everyone and I want to thank all the good people who are posting here and making this such a great place to hang out.

Custer, I know you are intelligent by your insightful posts and trust that you know this is not a flame against you. Happy Holidays and the best to you and yours. GG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
gordon gauge said:
But I would hate to see this site fall into that post count thing and see folks just posting a smilie or a brief "ya got that right Brother" just to stay in the post count race.

Let's just try to post quality, and downplay quantity. I hope to never see the comment "here you are with "blank" posts and right away you're are questioning me and I have 2 bazillion posts on this sight <snif, snort> and how dare you ques......................
I agree GG. Normally, I just try to ignore it and overlook it. But, sometimes it can be a nuisance. I also like to read informing, quality posts. I think these types of people are few and far between here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
GG,

I agree.

There is no question than quantity will never outweigh quality, and that the "Me too" posts added just to pad someone's post count can be annoying.

I would probably not congratulate that type of poster on his post counts, no matter how many he had, but I'm not seeing a lot of that in this forum.

We know that Custer does not fall into that category, from what I've seen he puts a lot of thought/effort into his posts
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
I guess everyone views things from their own perspective. Threads such as this sure doesn't bother me. In fact, I haven't seen any threads yet that I have thought to be irksome in this forum. Either good people posting or moderators doing their job or both. I'm not going to nitpick a thread about number of posts someone has made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
I'm here to learn and have fun with guys that have the same interests that I have, so keep on posting, Custer.
 

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
Custer, you are working hard to make this place take off and most of us appreciate it.

GG, I'f we are gonna bitch about topics, I'd like to see Gunsnet bashing threads done away with most of all. Ever read the AK board at Arfcom? It seems that in order to be be "cool" over there, you have to be banned from gunsnet, so the little pricks go there, troll for awhile, beg to be banned, and then whether they were or not, go back to arfcom and start a "me too" thread.

To be fair, 1000, posts is no more significant than 999 posts, but so what? As a kid, I looked forward to the year 2000 just like anyone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Pogo said:
I guess everyone views things from their own perspective. Threads such as this sure doesn't bother me. In fact, I haven't seen any threads yet that I have thought to be irksome in this forum. Either good people posting or moderators doing their job or both. I'm not going to nitpick a thread about number of posts someone has made.
Ditto and Congrats Custer, I enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up.
 

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Joined
·
13,384 Posts
Bluedog said:
I'f we are gonna bitch about topics, I'd like to see Gunsnet bashing threads done away with most of all. Ever read the AK board at Arfcom? It seems that in order to be be "cool" over there, you have to be banned from gunsnet, so the little pricks go there, troll for awhile, beg to be banned, and then whether they were or not, go back to arfcom and start a "me too" thread.
Blue, I agree. I don't have any axes to grind with anyone. That includes Gunsnet, AR15.com, or AssaultWeb. We shouldn't be building walls or burning bridges between other gun owners.

To quote Rodney Kings immortal words, can't we all............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
I will not be bashing any other place cept maybe DU.

"Can't we all just get along?"
 

·
Long Arm of the LAW
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Custer:

Have the Nazi's and cop haters run you away from another site?

I'm glad this site has kept the trolls and conspiracy mongers at bay. I guess we can thank the mods here.

And I too enjoy most of your thoughts. Whether I agree or not.
 

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
Joined
·
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chromebolt said:
Custer:

Have the Nazi's and cop haters run you away from another site?

I'm glad this site has kept the trolls and conspiracy mongers at bay. I guess we can thank the mods here.

And I too enjoy most of your thoughts. Whether I agree or not.
Taking a rest from some of that stuff and trolling mods. Not sure if temporary or permanent.

Having fun here at the moment. Gunco has most of the people I enjoy being around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
:rolleyes: I think I said a couple of times that Custers posts are good and that it was not a flame against him. So no need to get a "complex" there Custer and you other guys who put your spin on that to imply that I was telling Custer not to post - that's not right.

If you disagree with me and enjoy runnin' up your post count, then have fun. No doubt I have posted short replys when somebody really cracked me up with a great joke or posted something that I just wanted to show support for.

What the hell, actors and ballplayers make multi-millions and the people who put their lives on the line defending this Country get paid squat. The whole deal is upside down, people have become cheap and crass, rudeness and vulgarity is admired, honesty and integrity no longer have any meaning.

So after further review, I retract my statement and apologize if anyone was offended. GG
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top