Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched an hour long documentary on the History Channel about a manuscript. It appears to be for a sequel to Hitler's Mein Kampf, written in 1928 after the Nazis Party failed miserably at the polls. The paper and type have been authenticated down to the portable Remington typewriter Hitler used for his Mein Kampf manuscript.

Hitler's philosophy of racial war was a predominant theme. He also discussed America and planned to go to war with the US after 1943. He figured England would not oppose his conquests, so long as Germany did not threaten her overseas empire. Hitler planned to conquer France first, then the Soviet Union.

After the end of every War would come another War until the Aryan race dominated the world.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yup, watched it too, it was pretty good show, but not great..

Just think if the citizens of our contry would have thought back then, how they think now..."Ohhh, you aint got Hitler yet, what are we doing. We should pull out, it's been a year and we aint got him yet, boo hoo.. wrong war, wrong place, wrong time..ect. ect. ect..."

We would all be wearing leader hoden right now..

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I was watching the show before it on Hitler and Stalin but went to bed.

I need to watch that show. I never heard of that book before last night.

Is it true?

·
1,763 Posts
I have never heard about that before I watched last nite's show either. They went thru a forensic paper analysis and typewriter analysis and documented it as fact...

Hitler was a drug addict. He and Stalin had very similar backgrounds in life. One thing I didn't know was Stalin killed 2 million people and Hitler only killed half that number.
They also said Hitler admired the US for killing off the American indians and isolating them is certain geographic areas.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kevin_m4 said:
They also said Hitler admired the US for killing off the American indians and isolating them is certain geographic areas.
Yes, according to the documentary, Hitler admired how American Aryans relocated Indians, confining tribes to reservations. If you look at our early History, Andrew Jackson and Congress presided over the genocide of Cherokees, despite a United States Supreme Court ruling against them (The "Trail of Tears"). Hitler was likely aware of that, as well as what happened to the Armenians in the early 20th century, since he was a good student of holocausts.

I wager Hitler also admired America's segregation and race laws. How unfortunate that our country's warts were admired by Hitler as beauty marks!

Was the book authentic? Probably. One thing which makes me think it is authentic was how Hitler planned to build 7 super H-Class battleships, all sporting 18 inch artillery, which would be built after his war in Europe had ended. Battleships were a very big issue in the 20s, much as nuclear proliferation was in the 60s-80s.

Maybe, we should give FDR and Churchill, more credit, now?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Interesting. Anyone know if there are publishing plans?

Wonder why he thought it would be necessary to invade France. The untermensch to the East was always the enemy. Maybe he anticipated that France would resist anything that produced a Continental state far more powerful than France.

[Regarding England, both Churchill and Hitler had stated that the key to understanding British foreign policy is that whoever is the most powerful Continental state at any given time is Britain's opponent.]

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Mr. D,

According to the documentary, France was regarded as a military threat, which it had been historically. Hitler did not want to be committed to war in the East and then have France strike from the west. His expressed concern was that aircraft from France could strike anywhere in Germany within an hour's time.

The program was titled, "Hitler's Plan." It is part of the "Time Machine" series. Here is the History's Channels' description:

"In 1958, in a sweltering, converted torpedo factory in Alexandria, Virginia, historian Gerhard L. Weinberg was combing through massive stacks of documents that the U.S. had captured from Nazi Germany. In a faded green box, Weinberg came across an unknown prize--a secret book dictated by Adolf Hitler in 1928, the unpublished sequel to Mein Kampf. Mixed in with Hitler's racial hatred, the book contained shocking revelations of his master plan for continuous war. We follow the clues to its discovery and show the rigorous steps taken to authenticate the document--the book is considered legitimate. And we reveal the contents of the book, including Hitler's plan for global domination culminating in an invasion of America! "

See, http://www.historychannel.com/globa...se.jsp?EGrpType=Series&Id=215764&NetwCode=THC

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
The Military Book Club has it. Item Number: 586149

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Grendeljaeger said:
The Military Book Club has it. Item Number: 586149
Do you know what the title is and/or who the editor is? I'd like to see if I can get it at Amazon, don't want to have to join a book club.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
HITLER'S SECOND BOOK by Gerhard L. Weinberg Publisher: Enigma Books

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Thanks!

[I'm currently reading Che Guevera's "Motorcycle Diaries", recently made into a flick. Diary he kept as a young man in 1952 as he and a buddy travel throughout South America on a Norton motorcycle. This reportedly is the experience that radicalized him and led to his later career as a professional revolutionary; at this point in his life he's just gotten out of medical school. Dunno about the flick, but the book is great! And any vintage motorcycle buff would be immediately taken by the audacity of doing this on a Norton: They were known for being fast, unreliable, and having laughable excuses for brakes.]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts