Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume folks have heard about Bush having to withdraw his nomination of Chief Kerik to head up Homeland Security after it was revealed that Kerik has been employing an illegal alien as a domestic.

Three implications:

1. What is going on with the Bush Administration that they would nominate to head up Homeland Security a person who himself is violating the immigration laws that department is responsible for?

2. What is going on with Kerik that he didn't warn off the Bush Administration? I presume they made preliminary inquiries to make sure he was interested before going public with his nomination.

3. I have long ranted about squandering taxpayers money having the Border Patrol play tag with illegal aliens in the desert while the employers who are luring them here blatantly violate the law that prohibits employment of illegal aliens and requires maintaining records to verify that an employee has the legal right to live and work in the US. Now that Kerik has made a public confession of violating that law, the Bush Administration seems to be making a public confession of ignoring immigration law scofflaws by not prosecuting him. What's that about?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Well hell, they're from the guv'mint the rules don't apply to them.
As for the employers, its all about money.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Seems like a lot of the big time players on both sides of the aisle have these nanny issues. hey used to be considered tax violators and that was what caused the public outcry.

Now immigration is the hot button.

I doubt we would have a movie made in the US but for illegal immigrant nannies.

I was hoping to get an appointment to the Bush Administration but I will have to turn it down.

I eat frequently at Margaritas and the place is loaded with illegals working as service help. I also hired the neighbor boy to mow my lawn a few times this year and I did not pay workers' comp on him nor did I withhold any other taxes.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
On another note, I've been thinking about writing a letter to Shrub and asking him how much an Ambassadorship costs. Im hoping they have an opening in some tropical shithole where the only thing I'll have to do is show up to the occasional function and brush off the occasional stranded American trying to get a new passport.
Ive heard in order to get an appointment from this admin you have to "contribute" at a certain level. I think our ambassador to Saudi Arabia "donated" a quarter mil.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
If you are only netting somewhere around a six figure income, you don't stand a chance.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
You have an Amish community nearby?

;)
Actually, there are plenty of Amish in Ohio and Indiana in quick driving distance.

Want to meet some?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Custer said:
Now immigration is the hot button.

I doubt we would have a movie made in the US but for illegal immigrant nannies.

I was hoping to get an appointment to the Bush Administration but I will have to turn it down.

I eat frequently at Margaritas and the place is loaded with illegals working as service help. I also hired the neighbor boy to mow my lawn a few times this year and I did not pay workers' comp on him nor did I withhold any other taxes.
Here in El Paso, you don't even ask. Almost any food establishment has numerous illegals. How big of a donation would I have to make to get an ambassadorship? I'm thinking of some quaint little European country where they still use things like hogsheads and pennyweight for measures.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Custer said:
...I doubt we would have a movie made in the US but for illegal immigrant nannies....

...I also hired the neighbor boy to mow my lawn a few times this year and I did not pay workers' comp on him nor did I withhold any other taxes.
With regard to the former, that's an interesting example of the "You're another" fallacy. Presuming for the sake of argument that hollyweird folks docommonly hire illegal domestics, you implicitly would have us believe that means it's OK for corporations and the Homeland Security nominee do so. No. It just means that the hollyweird folks should be prosecuted, too.

With regard to the latter, if you knew that kid was an illegal alien, then shame on you. Note that the person who disclosed that Kerik has hired an illegal alien was Kerik - i.e. he knew the person was an illegal alien.

But overall, wondering...

Are there any other restrictive immigration laws you think we should simply ignore?

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
Yeah I know, I was hoping for a discounted one that no one else wants like Angola or Bhutan. :)
Hell I'd love to move to Bhutan.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Here's the first dollar-who else will contribute to the "Get DB Cooper an ambassadorship in a third world s :censored: thole with no internet access" fund?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts