Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman Wants To Cleanse Colons In Her Home

POSTED: 11:26 pm EST January 2, 2005

LOGAN, Utah -- A woman is fighting the City Council in Providence to issue her a permit to run a colon-cleansing service out of her home.

Colon hydrotherapy is a licensed procedure in other states, but in Utah is considered only a homeopathic method. Colette Yates says she has invested two years and roughly $40,000 on her home business, which focuses on removing waste from the large intestine by injecting water into the colon, where it loosens and softens waste. The water is injected through the rectum.

The Providence Planning Commission recently recommended denial of Yates' request for a permit to operate Alternatives in Health in her home. Planning commissioners said they wanted to avoid setting a precedent of allowing medically oriented businesses in residential neighborhoods.

Yates said commissioners are wary because they're not familiar with the procedure, though she provided them with detailed videos and literature.

The International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy describes it as a "safe, effective" method of removing waste from the large intestine.

"I feel it's a modality not unlike massage therapy or dermatology procedures that are already going on in this area," Yates told commissioners. "It's world-renowned, and people are doing it everywhere ... but it's relatively new to Cache Valley."

Yates became inspired two years ago to practice colon hydrotherapy after it relieved her of painful complications from fibromyalgia. She traveled to Florida for training, invested thousands of dollars on the specialized equipment, renovated two bedrooms in which to perform the procedure and obtained professional liability insurance.

Yates says she had accumulated several clients through word-of-mouth and referrals from chiropractors.

"I've helped people who've gone to doctors that said, 'We can't do anything else for you,'" Yates said. "They walk in to me so bent over and so sick that they can't function, and I'm able to help them with that."

Commissioners questioned Yates on how she would safely monitor the water pressure in clients (observing pressure gauges with automatic shut-off) and how she would dispose of waste (a closed plumbing system flushes it into the sewer).

"I haven't heard anything negative about it -- and I've been asking -- but I think it belongs in a chiropractic office," said Commissioner Kristina Lamborn, who voted to recommend denying the permit. "I feel very strongly about that."

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Am I not mistaken that someone has already invented this idea and called it an enema?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Some people have a really shitty occupation.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Damn glad I live in the other corner of the state!!!!

;) thats a shitty job. ;)

Wonder if she has found any of those 12 yr old corn flakes yet. :sick:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
In homeopathic books this is something they always bring up. Cleansing the colon and getting built up matter out. I wonder what kind of built up matter one might find? Maybe those pennies I accidentally swallowed when I was 6?

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
There's a really good book by Jon Krakauer (who am I kidding? ALL his books are good.) called "Under the Banner of Heaven" which details some of the more bizarre beliefs held by fundamentalist Mormons.
It specifically focuses on Southwest Utah and Colorado City, AZ.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
What school has a program in Colon Hydrotherapy? Or is done with OJT? It would make a top 10 list of all-time bad jobs.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Another shitty job.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Custer said:
Woman Wants To Cleanse Colons In Her Home

POSTED: 11:26 pm EST January 2, 2005

LOGAN, Utah -- A woman is fighting the City Council in Providence to issue her a permit to run a colon-cleansing service out of her home.

Colon hydrotherapy is a licensed procedure in other states, but in Utah is considered only a homeopathic method. Colette Yates says she has invested two years and roughly $40,000 on her home business, which focuses on removing waste from the large intestine by injecting water into the colon, where it loosens and softens waste. The water is injected through the rectum.
40 grand for the equipment????? man sounds like this woman got scamed by one of those "work at home" scemes.............a hot water bottle and some syrnges is all you really need to clean out your waste chute, what the hell did she buy?

got a great idea on the saying she can put on here business cards

COLETTE COLON CLEANING SERVICE

I SUCK THE SHIT RIGHT OUT OF YOU.

GIRLS ASK ABOUT MY SPECIAL, 2 HOLES CLEANED OUT FOR THE PRICE OF ONE :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yates said commissioners are wary because they're not familiar with the procedure, though she provided them with detailed videos and literature.

OoooH Videos. Just the way I would want to spend my aftermoons -- Sorry I mean afternoons.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
What school has a program in Colon Hydrotherapy? Or is done with OJT? It would make a top 10 list of all-time bad jobs.
Any Nurse Aid is an expert at it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Bring um down to the fire station, talk about pressure cleaning, we'll do it free and call it training.Plus we got hazmat suits.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Preacher said:
Any Nurse Aid is an expert at it.
Fortunatley that is someting i've not had to do seeing i'm only an stna not a pca. Although I have had to hold the bag for soap sud enemas before. That basicaly means that I hold the I.V bag up ubove my head while the nurse does the rest.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
This guy really knows his shit..

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Choices for Colon Cleansing
Selecting the Best Option for You
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by Dr. Edward F. Group III[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colon cleansing is gaining popularity as a way to improve general wellness as well as combat specific health problems, including constipation and weight gain. You may have heard a lot about colon cleansing, but still aren?t sure what it entails. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] There are many different methods for cleansing the colon. Some of them are more effective ? and safer - than others. Let?s look at the different types of cleansing options.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colon Cleansing Method: Colon Hydrotherapy

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colon hydrotherapy, also known as colonics, is a procedure where a tube is inserted through the anus into the colon. The colon is then filled with 1-5 gallons of water and sometimes minerals. Another tube is used to remove the fluids and fecal matter.

While this technique will remove some impacted fecal material, its results are limited and have some great risks. Before you run out and try colonics, look at some of the dangers.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colon hydrotherapy carries with it a risk of spreading infection through the tubing that?s used in the process. Colon hydrotherapy may also remove vital minerals from the colon along with the water and fecal material. The tubing used in colonics may also cause small tears in the large intestine. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colon Cleansing Method: Enemas

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Enemas are often used to relieve constipation. It?s a small amount of liquid, usually water, inserted though the anus into the rectum to clear the bowel. This process is only effective for loosening fecal matter in the lower portion of the intestine.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] They?ll be effective in acute cases of constipation, but enemas provide few results for improving wellness. You may find enemas awkward or uncomfortable because they require you to insert a tube into the anus ? something that makes many people ill at ease. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colon Cleansing Method: Laxatives

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Laxatives are taken orally and used to treat temporary constipation. They work by softening stool as well as causing a contraction of the intestinal muscles causing a bowel movement.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] While laxatives are effective for occasional constipation, they can?t be used for chronic conditions. They don?t remove impacted fecal matter from the intestinal walls. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Laxatives also carry with them a risk of dehydration. Anyone who?s ever taken a laxative knows that they can also cause discomfort with intestinal cramping. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colon Cleansing Method: Herbal Colon Cleansers

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Herbal cleansers containing psyllium are another option for colon cleansing. The psyllium in herbal remedies causes the stool to get larger in volume. The increase in size causes the colon to contract. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] These are inexpensive and helpful for short-term constipation, but they?re not effective in removing impacted feces from the colon. They may cause contraction of the colon, but they don?t really cleanse the colon. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Colon Cleansing Method: Oxygen Based Colon Cleansing

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The most effective method for colon cleansing can be found in oxygen based cleansers. These are taken orally in capsule form. They use activated oxygen, a vital element for every cell, to remove impacted fecal matter. They?re helpful in relieving constipation, but they can also be used long-term to cleanse and rejuvenate the colon. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Oxygen cleansers actually help remove toxins and build-up inside the intestines. The vital oxygen in these cleansers is a great remedy for constipation without causing discomfort or dehydration. When you use oxygen based cleansing, you don?t have to worry about the risks associated with other methods. [/font]

·
Registered
522 Posts
WC846

He forgot to mention the Prison/Jail method of Colon Cleansing. Not the best method but it's free.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
klauss said:
Fortunatley that is someting i've not had to do seeing i'm only an stna not a pca. Although I have had to hold the bag for soap sud enemas before. That basicaly means that I hold the I.V bag up ubove my head while the nurse does the rest.
My wife is a CNA and she does 8-12 per night. I told her she was going to have to ask for a raise because she was just promoted to colonic hydrotherapist.

BTW: what does STNA stand for? I can figure out the last 2 but not the first 2.:)

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
An even cheaper method is to jump off of a very high bridge in the "cannonball" position.

However I recommend that you make sure there is sufficient water underneath before you jump. I wouldnt try this on the Platte River, for instance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts