Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this in another forum...

It's on in Fallujah.

American and Iraqi forces have started the assault, taken the Western reaches, and will hit the main part of the city when they reach the river. AC-130's did their work and the outskirts are in flames. Senior brass have warned the troops that when they enter the main part of the city the urban warfare therein engaged will be the nastiest since Vietnam.

May God bring our boys home safe and victorious.

Saw the news online at fox news.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
It is about time but I still fear for our troops. The loss of one is one too many but this has to be done.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Fallujah was one of Saddam's favorite recruiting grounds. People there fit into his sadistic regime rather well. They are Sunnis intent on putting Iraq under their thumb again.

This time, there is an Iraqis face to the effort. They have some very tough guys, but our servicemen will most likely do most of the work. I hope we find Zawakiri, but he probably weaseled out weeks ago.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I heard the Iraqi forces will be the ones to secure mosques and some other holy places.

I do not even those guys as the 26 clerics of Saudi Arabia isssued a Fatwah this week saying all Americans and Iraqi's deserve death in a war outside of Saudi. Seems the Saudi's made a deal to stop terrorism inside their country, but will still allow the clerics to make statements or support their holy warriors outside of Arabia. Good old Saudi's!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I doubt Saudi Arab Sunni clerics have much influence over the Shiites in Iraq, or even the Kurds. They may influence those in Fallujah to fight to the death, and I'm sure the Marinces will gladly accomodate them.

Their Fatwahs do little more than reveal another face of our enemy.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WorldNetDaily reports that there are approximately 10,000-15,000 troops involved in the assault. They have moved up to the Euphrates and appeared to have secured the bridge(s). Thus far, there appears to be 4 dozen enemy dead. Two Marines were killed when a bulldozer overturned.

The newly elected leader of Iraq has declared a state of emergency over the region and has issued a curfew for Fallujah.

Muslim clerics from within Fallujah have been using the jihad rhetoric to muster the insurgents and intimidate the coalition forces.

The enemy has fallen back to secure the core of the city and are expected to put up quite a fight. The worst is yet to come.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Marines and Army troops have started to move into the center of the city.

10 Marines killed thus far. Don't know the numbers for the Army or Iraqi forces. Untold amount of insurgent dead. A U.S. general said that the insurgents are fighting but not to the death. They are continually falling back or being killed in their positions.

Unfortunately, the civilian casualties are mounting fast.

Sunni Muslim clerics have already called for a boycott of the upcoming elections which, if followed, will at least cause doubt to the legitimacy of said elections.

Got this report from MSNBC.

It has also been reported that it is commonly believed that Zarqawi (sp?) has alsready escaped the city.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts