Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since most of us here are actually builders, how about we do something like Tapco has done for their catalog. The "build of the week" on a rotating banner or something like that. The mods/admins vote or decide with some "criteria" like you have to have done it yourself, no builds from ORF or whomever....
What y'all think?

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
would be interesting.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sounds cool. Would get to see some really nice builds each week! Would give members ideas of what they could do!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think thats a great idea,but I dont really have the $$$$ to do a build every week,LOL !!! ...Could we enter some of our existing builds?? I think that would be alot of fun... :thumbup1:

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Byg said:
Could we enter some of our existing builds?? :thumbup1:

thats exactly what I was thinking, not that we had to build one every week, although I am totally prepared equipment wise and could do it time wise.
The money thing is another issue all together.

:smoke:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
C'mom you guys! Are you lazy!?! You need to start cranking out a build every week! Get to work! We're depending on all of you!

:blowup:

Just kidding! :D

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
All I need to do is win Powerball and I'll be doing a build a day :)

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
How do you want to handle this?

We could start a thread for submissions, take the first 10 entries and set up a poll (polls only allow 10 choices) and let the members vote.

Then the following week accept 10 new entries, and so on.
The winning rifle can not be re-entered, but the other 9 could be re-entered, but not two weeks in a row.
That way, we would have 10 new rifles to choose from each week.

How does this sound?
Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I just received a message from Co7t, he is working on bringing a pic host site online.
This will make this much easier to handle. I'll keep you posted.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7.62x39 said:
How do you want to handle this?

We could start a thread for submissions, take the first 10 entries and set up a poll (polls only allow 10 choices) and let the members vote.

Then the following week accept 10 new entries, and so on.
The winning rifle can not be re-entered, but the other 9 could be re-entered, but not two weeks in a row.
That way, we would have 10 new rifles to choose from each week.

How does this sound?
Any other ideas?
I like the idea, that way we could all have input in the results. Have a special catagory for the "BOTW", run it from Sunday morning until Saturday night with the no other posts allowed, only the poll and ten pictures, maybe a little synopsis of what/who etc... Lock the thread early evening and the results will be there right then. Start a new thread the next day. Email the pictures to the admin and let the first 10 start it, the next ten the next week and so on. No persons/animals allowed in the photo, like babes or any of us gun geeks. Only one gun per photo.
Lets do it and start it Sunday am? Or whenever we can get it alll worked out.

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
I'm going to suggest a permanent gallery of weekly winners. There are a lot of nice builds out there, and they are good inspiration for future projects. It gives folks a chance to see what various furniture, finishes, optics, hardware, mags, bipods, flash hiders, etc. look like. I tend to save a lot of pics that get posted here for my own future reference.

I agree with Kevin on the content of the photos. Keep it to one gun and no distracting content.

Maybe we could even have a "POS of the week" or "Beater" category. Give guys a chance to show that project that didn't come out so well, or a loved (but neglected) firearm.

Maybe we could have an annual vote from the winners in each category and then a grand champion of the year.

To add to Cephus' categories, I will jokingly add the following:
"Pimp-daddy rig" - all the bling (must have lots of chrome, gold, etc.)
"William Shatner Special" - all the lasers, lights, range finders, etc. that you can get on a firearm...

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Rhino_66 said:
I'm going to suggest a permanent gallery of weekly winners. There are a lot of nice builds out there, and they are good inspiration for future projects. It gives folks a chance to see what various furniture, finishes, optics, hardware, mags, bipods, flash hiders, etc. look like. I tend to save a lot of pics that get posted here for my own future reference.
Great idea Rhino!!! I also keep many pics for reference and ideas. They also make a cool screen saver with "my picture slideshow".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts