Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To: National and Assignment Desks, Political Reporter

News Advisory:

ReDefeatBush Founder David Lytel will present the group's plans for Jan. 20 on Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 9:30 a.m. in the Lisagor Room at the National Press Club, which will be available live online at http://www.RadioLeft.com

The Committee to ReDefeat the President, a Federal PAC popularly known by the name of its Web site ReDefeatBush.com, will operate several of the stages at the CounterInaugural on Jan. 20 and have by far the largest indoor gathering of Bush opponents at a CounterInaugural Ball that night at Dream, a nightclub in D.C. ReDefeatBush.com founder David Lytel will present the group's plans at a press conference Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 9:30 a.m. in conjunction with several other organizations. At the ReDefeatBush CounterInaugural Ball on Jan. 20, the group will retire the name ReDefeatBush and announce a new identity and a new mission.

"Our goal during the daytime," said Lytel, "is to ensure that there are direct-action-and-teargas-free venues that are safe for families with children."

In addition to the main venues, ReDefeatBush expects to have a site on Capitol Hill in front of Union Station and a stage at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. Clay Jenkinson, a Jefferson scholar and the most experienced first-person interpreter in the U.S. will appear on stage as Thomas Jefferson. ReDefeatBush Founder David Lytel will reprise a role he originated in a program sponsored by the California Council on the Humanities by speaking to the audience in the person of Alexis de Tocqueville, author of the classic "Democracy in America." They will lead a lively public discussion about democracy.

At night the ReDefeatBush CounterInaugural Ball will be held at Dream, 1350 Okie Street, NE. DC's top party spot, Dream is Metro accessible via shuttles operating from the new New York Avenue station between 6:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. A dinner buffet and open bar from 7 to 9 p.m. will be followed by special guests, unique entertainment and a celebration of the relaunch of ReDefeatBush. At 10 p.m. a video documentary of the day's events will be shown at Dream and to a worldwide audience via the Internet. Tickets are $30 for those under 30 years old and $60 for everyone else. VIP tickets are $150 and Penthouse tickets are $500. Tickets are sold at http://www.counterinauguralball.org

"The good news," Lytel said, "is we have participated in quite a few major events, including the 2000 CounterInaugural, the massive delegation sent to New York for the RNC this summer and three major demonstrations against the misadministration of the presidential election at LaFayette Park in front of the White House since Election Day. And we are pretty doggone good at it."

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Democrats ruled congress for my entire childhood and early twenties. However, I am certain that they are MUCH happier as an opposition party. It just suits their victim/ activist mentality. Hard to be a victim when you are in charge.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Perhaps they could change the name of their group to "Defeat the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy".

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
They're probably getting some type of grant and we're financing them.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Preacher said:
They're probably getting some type of grant and we're financing them.
A ludicrous accusation on the face of it, but let me give you a straight answer. Most private foundation grants, and all governmental grants, go only to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or governmental agencies. I can guarantee that ReReject Bush isn't a governmental agency, and simply by virtue of taking a stand as to who is the better candidate for a political office ReReject Bush eliminates itself from consideration by the IRS for 501(c)(3) status.

Odd that folks here are speculating how they support themselves financially. The article contains the answer, concluding with info regarding a fundraising bash with tickets from $30 to $500. Tsk, tsk. Pay attention, class.

I'm looking forward to chanting "Four more wars! Four more wars!" at the innaugeration.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DzerzhinskyI'm looking forward to chanting "Four more wars! Four more wars!" at the innaugeration.[/QUOTE said:
That raises the question of how your trip from Nevada to Washington is being funded.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Custer said:
DzerzhinskyI'm looking forward to chanting "Four more wars! Four more wars!" at the innaugeration.[/QUOTE said:
That raises the question of how your trip from Nevada to Washington is being funded.
Pre-school crack cocaine sales.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Most private foundation grants, and all governmental grants, go only to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or governmental agencies.
I don't know about that. I know of a couple folks that got large grants that were not nonprofit or gov agency. One got a grant to build a pond for watering cattle and another got a large grant to build a new building to add on to his business. I don't know the specifics involved, just that it happened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts