Gunco Forums banner

41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Still waiting for the public servants at the BATFE........VZ58 is going well though..

·
Registered
48 Posts
vz58 said:
Still waiting for the public servants at the BATFE........VZ58 is going well though..
you don't happen to have a mailing list for updates or a waiting list for orders yet do you?

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have a paper list of people interested, it is ranked by amount of help provided on this project (these are mostly local, but there are a few people out there who have been really trusting by sending kits to examine) then first come first serve. I guess I could put together an automated list for updating people but I felt the board could handle this like we are.

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Case, you just get directed to the no escape directory.. I will call next week and ask to speak to the supervisor. It will have been over 2 months since I should have received the letter. I figure that will kill any chance though, but it is not exactly like they are looking like they are going to answer anyway...I think there is a change in attitude there, they use to answer promptly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dunno...I think you'll get a letter back...heck I've heard stories of people taking 9 months just to get a C&R license processed and that doesn't even really involve any kind of "decision" like your question does do you know approx. timelines from other people who have submitted questions like yours?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Normally six months if you are not a manufacturer. Whenever they get around to it if you are not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
By the time the ATF gets around to certifiying the build the AWB will be back. Then it will be a moot point since building one will be illegal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
MAC attack said:
By the time the ATF gets around to certifiying the build the AWB will be back. Then it will be a moot point since building one will be illegal.
And you think that's a coincidence? I'm sure they are dragging their asses on this and everything else lately hoping it will go through. I've been waiting 3 months for some Scorpion kits to get demilled and I'm sure that's the reason as well.

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Rumor has it Panaceabeachbum recently got word back on his submission that was about a month ahead of mine. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
any update yet? OMG batfe is slow as snails on drugs. I think id like to try a hungarian if anything ever happens

·
Registered
48 Posts
vz58 said:
Rumor has it Panaceabeachbum recently got word back on his submission that was about a month ahead of mine. Keep your fingers crossed.
well that's good...hopefully it will be coming along soon then :thumbup1:

·
Registered
48 Posts
woohooooo!!!!!! thanks for contacting me!!!
count me in for a Type III repair plate if you have them and maybe a Yugo as well....probably order the T3 first though...do you have one of those or have you only been working on the other variants?

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The first batch will be
m70
type III
north korean
hungarian
and bulgarian if someone gets me the measurements.
All of the above are very similar.

the m64 will be the last batch because the left side is cosmetically different and if I make room for the BHO lever it will have to go back to BATFE because it will be an extra machining step and I have been told it would need another approval. I have been promised very fast turn around on the next submission.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
What does the letter say? I am interested in the M64 plates. Can your machinist mill the lower rails in?

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
E mail sent to all on my list today. If I missed you or you want to add let me know.
Will try to get around to posting the letter when I have time to drive to the library.

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
rbthntr64, I just kept forgetting to post. The lower rails come in the price as does the bottom piece. You will need to shape them with a dremel which is quite easy. To mill the rails in would be much more expensive as the raw stock prices jump when you get that thick.
The first photo is a 45 win mag on a russian type III trunnion, I chose to cut the lightning cut a little different than orig but you can do what you want.
This gun is still needing final contouring/ filing.

Here are some 64 plates before cleaning up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Beautiful gun vz58!!!-You are also a talented machinist also.

The KING of KINGS,-a forged,and milled receiver!!!-Im impressed!!!

Don

41 - 60 of 153 Posts