Gunco Forums banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am tearing out what little hair I have left trying to log on AK Forum and also trying to set up a new registration. I would like to buy 1 Yugo M64 and 3 M70 repair plate sets before I lose the rest of my hair.

·
Registered
574 Posts
For everyone trying to register on Akforum use a AOL free account. JOHNO one of the administrators helped me out. I was finally excepted after trying for a long....long....time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Silly question - why reweld when bending blanks is so much easier? Awesome project though. I haven't done an AK build before so A+. I did always wonder about this sort of thing on sheet metal receivers.

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
because when this started there were VERY few or NO receivers for these guns. This was done to make building available on the cheap kits. Then as more people started dong it they liked the history and keeping all the markings of the original guns.

Stamped receivers are for stamped guns and reweld is for milled guns. just my thoughts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
need dimensions

What are the measurements and grade of steel for those plates that you used for the reweld on the yugo m70 type rifle? I would love to not pay 300 bucks for a new milled reciever.Or can I purchase the plates from you?

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
No, use everthing but that

·
Registered
428 Posts
VZ58's plates, and tutorial are GTG.
Thanks again for the tutorial VZ58, and also for making the plates available to us guys that want to re-weld milled receivers.
My Yugo M-70 that I used your plates on is by far my favorite AK build (and there have been many).

121 - 140 of 153 Posts