Gunco Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. I bought one of these M64 kits some time ago when they were dirt cheap. I just brought the project out of the closet, and have been trying to figure out if my kit is even able to be rewelded. The front trunion is cut very close. I have my eye on some repair plates and would like to know if its reweldable before buying them.

What do you guys think? Can this be rewelded?

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Yes, you actually seem to have a decent demill. A little more left on the lighting cut would have been nice but you cant have everything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well done. I tried to do one of those and failed miserably I welded the reciver to gether and It looked ok but my welds sucked and I finaly gave up and got a milled receiver from CNC Warrior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well done. I tried to do one of those and failed miserably I welded the reciver to gether and It looked ok but my welds sucked and I finaly gave up and got a milled receiver from CNC Warrior.

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
not so much practice as patience. You just cant sit down and zap it with anything and expect good results.

·
tired of idiots
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Yup made several sets, the machining was extensive and thus expensive. I welded one up and after tweeking it ran. I just recently replaced it with a spare commercial receiver I had extra. It looked fine, ran fine but was significantly harder to make and build then a factory receiver.( plus i bought a box full of them in a buy out of a shop near here for next to nothing)

141 - 153 of 153 Posts