Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my wife's pregnancy got along, I had to stay sober in case I had to run to the hospital. My son turned 5 months old yesterday, and is still not sleeping though the night. It's just to hard to get up if I have a couple of beers before bed, so I don't. I've never been much of a drinker, but now the thought of drinking is very unapealing. If I start again I'll probably have to play those highschool drinking games like quarters or thumper, where the LOSER has to drink! Oh, and I go to bed at 10, or sooner. I'm a madman. A regular party animal I tell ya.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Have a glass of red wine. You'll sleep great without being in a stupor.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I'm glad. At one time during my previous business I became dependant on the stuff, I would go through a gallon of scotch a week. After 20 years I finally decided it was time to get out of the business and you know what?...Ever since I did, I haven't had the urge to drink anything, so I guess i was never a real drunk, but I used to have about 3 drinks a day, tall drinks.

Anyhow, glad you stopped.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just not a drinker. I six pack would put me out. I don't touch liquor and red wine gives me heartburn, We have a lot of alcoholics in our family, and that instilled a fear in me.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I know what you mean Bluedog. I stopped drinking years ago just because I didn't want that feeling at all. Now, with both the kids and our lack of sleep I couldn't drink one beer unless I wanted to pass out. I'm on the verge of falling asleep all day as it is!

I know it will get better, but when? Our first didn't sleep through the night until 11 months? This one is 6 month and not sleeping through the night either.

2 years I've had without decent sleep! 2 years!

·
Registered
73 Posts
aviator said:
I'm glad. At one time during my previous business I became dependant on the stuff, I would go through a gallon of scotch a week. After 20 years I finally decided it was time to get out of the business and you know what?...Ever since I did, I haven't had the urge to drink anything, so I guess i was never a real drunk, but I used to have about 3 drinks a day, tall drinks.

Anyhow, glad you stopped.
Insurance agent?:)

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
No, I had a rather large electronic service company, cartering to a number of stores as a warranty repair station and a commercial electronic setup and service program as a vendor for the Miami-Dade School Board system, here in Miami, every High School (about 40 of them) has a TV studio and related equipment, just like a regular TV station. Had 7 trucks and about 20 people working for me at one time....the stress and the overhead killed me and drove me to the bottle looking for relaxation.

In 1998 I said enough is enough, laid everybody off, sold my trucks and inventory, liquidated accounts payable and took a two months rest, reactivated my real estate broker license and openned a real estate office, now I work about 75% of the time from my home, have about 10 or 11 sales associates, read my newspaper in the morning, have my coffee, call my personal clients, take care of associates when they need me and in-between calls I am here . Life couldn't get any better. Should have done it 20 years ago when I had more energy.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Reminds me of a bumper sticker I seen:

You spend the 1st 2 years teaching them to walk & talk, and the next 16 telling them to sit down & shut up!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I know what you mean Bluedog. I stopped drinking years ago just because I didn't want that feeling at all. Now, with both the kids and our lack of sleep I couldn't drink one beer unless I wanted to pass out. I'm on the verge of falling asleep all day as it is!

I know it will get better, but when? Our first didn't sleep through the night until 11 months? This one is 6 month and not sleeping through the night either.

2 years I've had without decent sleep! 2 years!
I must be lucky, my 11 month old has been sleeping through the night since she was about 6 weeks old. Of course on rare occasions she has the occasional wake up call at 4:30 in the morning - but after picking her up and rocking her a few minutes she usually goes back to sleep. Again - I must be lucky, :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts