Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was born today. One of 10. My daddy was very famous. I have lots of half brothers and sisters. My mother is very famous. Since she got famous, she has only had puppies. No more loving hands, no more fun trips... just puppies. She is always sad when they leave her.

I left home today. I didn't want to go, so I hid behind my mama and my three littermates that were left. I didn't like you. But one day they said I would be famous. I wonder; is famous the same as fun and good times? So you picked me up and carried me away, even though you were concerned about me hiding from you. I don't think you liked me.

My new home is far away. I am scared and afraid. My heart says be brave. My ancestors were. Did they go to good homes like mine? I'm hungry because I can't eat too much because it will be bad for my bones. I can't bite or snap when the children are mean to me. I just run and play and pretend I am in a big green field with butterflies and robins and frogs. I can't understand why they kick me. I am quiet, but the man hits and says loud things. The lady doesn't feed me good things like I had with my mother. She just throws dry food on the ground, then goes away before I can get too close for touching and petting. Sometimes my food smells bad but I eat it anyway.

Today I had 10 puppies. They are so wonderful and warm. Am I famous now? I wish I could play with them, but they are so tiny. I am so young and playful that it is hard to lay here in this hole under the house nursing my puppies. They are crying now. I am so hungry. I scratch and worry my fur. I wish someone would throw me some food. I am also very thirsty. I now have eight. Two got cold during the night and I couldn't make them warm again. They are gone. We are all very weak. Maybe if I take them out on the porch, we can get some food.

Today they took us away. It was too much trouble to feed us and someone came to take us away. Someone grabbed my puppies, they were cryin and whimpering. We were put in a truck with boxes in it. Are my babies famous now? I hope so, because I miss them. They are gone.

The place smelled of urine, fear and sickness. Why was I here? I was beautiful, like my ancestors. Now I am hungry, dirty, in pain and unwanted. Maybe the worst is unwanted. No one came though I tried to be good. Today someone came. They put a rope on my neck and led me to a room that was very clean and had a shiny table. They put me on the table. Someone held me and hugged me. It felt so good!!! Then I felt tired and laid over the last one who cared. I am famous now. Today someone cared.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Interesting post Lupe...
Even more so because today my Puppy is 5 months old!
Mans best friend is right.:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Lupe,

That is so sad.
Nothing infuriates me more than someone who takes on the responsibility of owning a dog and then does not care for them properly.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I only adopt dogs from the pond, I refuse to buy a fancy breed. A dog is a dog no matter what breed and it does what it does best...be your friend.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I'm a hard core dog lover, I carry dog biscuits with me all the time, and all the dogs in my neighborhood know when I'm walking down the street and they all wait for me to visit and give em a treat. The 2 things that get me angry enough to see red are when people mistreat dogs or kids. I cannot watch the show "Animal cops" on the Animal Channel, as I get sick(and think of evil things to do with the abusers).
I came to the same place as Aviator but for different reasons, after I lost my Akita(8 yrs old) to cancer and then my Rottweiler(6 yrs) to cancer a year later I said no more pure breeds. I now have a Rotty / grey hound mix, he's not the smartest dog and he's big and clumsy(but he can run like a deer), and he has the biggest heart and is so gentle with kids and smaller animals. My daughter has a little 4 & 1/2 lb Chahuahua and my mix is so careful with her. I never cared for little dogs till my daughter got the Chahuahua and she has won me over.
It has been my experience that people that mistreat animals usually don't have much respect for people either.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I can't stand to see dogs that chained in a pen 365 a year. There were some people like that around the corner from me and then the dogs were gone. I don't mind dogs that live outside as long as they are cared for. My Dad's dogs live outside and have hootches to sleep in on the porch. They have free run of the property and are very happy. They get attention and good food too.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Some dogs prefer to be outside,where the action is(sounds, smells ect.), and as long as they have shelter and food they are happy.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Grendeljaeger said:
Some dogs prefer to be outside,where the action is(sounds, smells ect.), and as long as they have shelter and food they are happy.
I have two Jindo dogs and they live in a kennel thats 80 feet long and 25 feet wide beside my house, their doghouse is a new 8' X 8' utility house that I have insulated and paneled, the floor is 3/4 " plywood covered with tile and they have 2 inch thick sleeping pads also there is a doggie door for them. I MUST keep them behind a 6' high chain link fence because they WILL bite strangers. They love both me and my wife and I visit them several times a day, in fact I was just out there to give them each a milk bone and to pet them. My wife cooks pork neckbones for them and they get one each night along with a slice of american cheese and they have dry dig food inside their house 24/7. These are not lap dogs by any streach (do a search) in fact legend has it that they are half Asian wolf and I believe it because of their actions. BTW.....I NEVER strike my dogs in fact I get very pissed when I see anyone strike a dog.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
DorGunR,

I had a Jindo dog or at least she was very close to full bread. She was damn smart! But, she did not like other dogs and children either. We had to put her and her dog mate down because they went after our first child several times before she could walk. Some here might remember that post over at the other place.

Before anyone asks again, no one would take them and when we called the animal shelter they said if they showed agression towards other dogs they would be destroyed. Both dogs would go after other dogs and we felt is would be better to put them down and bury them in our backyard with care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts