Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday I was invited to a shoot by a bunch of guys I met at a gun show. The shoot was held at Deer Creek Conservation Club near Jonesboro, IN. The people shooting were from many different states. I'll have to say they were some of the friendliest guys I ever met at any shooting event. They all offered to let you handle their firearms and to fire them, gave their opinions without insulting types other than the ones that they preferred, and seemed like a great crowd to be with. My best friend and my wife went with me. We all enjoyed the shoot, including my wife.

Man, I am definitely hooked. I can see some new firearms in my future.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I used to be into the mountain man reenacting, but got to busy to keep it up, plus I moved and they don't have it here. We do have the Regulaters which is a cowboy shooting club, I've watched them a few times. Looks like fun.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it is Lupe. It is a totally different kind of shooting. It is quite impressive to see some of them guys shoot. It's amazing how fast they can acquire and hit 5 targets in a row with a six shooter and ten targets in a row with a lever action rifle. And loading two shells at a time into a shotgun and acquiring and firing at two separate targets in what seems like less than a couple of seconds. Wow is all I can say.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yeah, some of those guys are amazingly good.

AND GALS!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lupeloff said:
Yeah, some of those guys are amazingly good.

AND GALS!

Yep, I sure wouldn't want to get into a sixgun shootout with the gals I saw shooting today. :bawling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts