Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all this is not a " poor little me " thread. I am not trying out for drama queen. It is a thread about simple facts.

I got a call from the VA yesterday, they want me to come in today to ( talk ) about my last X-rays. Well once a month for the last year they X-ray my chest to check on my One remaining lung. They have never called and wanted to talk about it, so I'm just guessing here, but I'll bet it ain't good.

For the last couple of months I have felt really bad. Let me explain it this way, put a soda straw between your lips, pinch your nose shut, and just breath through the staw, yeah kinda gives you a panicy feeling.

Anyway just letting my buddies know what's up.

My own dumb fault, smoking for 40 years was the highth of stupidity. It ain't very smart to set something on fire and then inhale the smoke.....DUH.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Lupe, I hope it is nothing more than a precaution or maybe the doc wants to kick your butt for bad behavior.

Gunco karma.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Well now..........that sucks sweaty Donky Balls.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aviator said:
Don't get all worked up until you talk to them, maybe it's something else.
Yeah, maybe they just want to give me an Xmas gift..........NOT.;) :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My appointment is at one o'clock, it's a 60 mile drive, so I should be back by four. I'll let ya know.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Well, I certainly wish you well Lupe.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Fingers crossed Lupe.
I'm with aviator on this one, probably nothing major. An airway may just be restricted and they want to put in a stint.

A special prayer just sent.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm hoping for the best Lupe.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My prayers!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First, I'd like to say thanks for the good wishes and kind words. I feel like a jerk for starting this thread, driving home from the VA, I thought it just ain't right to put my personal problems on other people. Since I did, I'll tell you what it was about, then we can move on to more important and fun stuff.

They apparently spotted three small leasions on the lung. They made me drive all that way to ask a stupid question. They asked if I wanted them to do a biopsy, to which I gave them a resounding!!!!!! HELL NO !!!!!!

Please don't be concerned, because I ain't.
Now let's get on to lighter subjects.

BTW: Your words made me feel pretty darned GOOD.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Sounds good Lupe! Glad that you're ok, lets keep it that way.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lupe, don?t feel dumb about starting this post! We?re all friends here and care about each other even if we never meet in person. I wish you luck. I know what it?s like because I have a half brother that was a life long smoker till he got sick, he?s now had one whole lung and part of the other removed. Two months ago he went on a cruse to the Greek Islands with his girl friend, not bad for a guy in his mid seventies. He?ll never give up, so don?t you either.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I have no problem with you making this post Lupe. You're our friend. I have a bone to pick with about something else though. I think ya ought to have them lesions checked.

Take care my friend.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well, by the time I saw the post originally, it was too late to reply, so I been sitting here chewing my dang nails off.
WHEW!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pogo said:
I have no problem with you making this post Lupe. You're our friend. I have a bone to pick with about something else though. I think ya ought to have them lesions checked.

Take care my friend.
Nope, it would serve no good purpose. If they are malignant, going in there would just speed things up. I've seen it happen to others. Plus I've already said that I will not do chemo again, no way, no how, no thanks. I plan to be around for a loooong time, so I can agrivate folks.:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts