Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted about getting any kind of house selling advice due to an issue we had with a drug ring at a local business.

The business was one of those places that installs bass systems and 20 inch chrome wheels. There were people there all hours of the day with their bass cranked up and the revving their engines. It was a nighmare and it was driving us crazy! My wife and I were fighting about it and she would try to nap during the day while the kids were napping, but the bass was going all day.

It was really bad and my neighbors weren't happy either. I thought my one neighbor was going to burn the place down, really!

This went one really bad from May to October and the police were called many times, we had the trustees out to investigate. There was even a drug raid by the DEA! The largest in our county's history which is big because the county includes Cincy. All the teens in our area knew that is where you went to get hooked up as well, it was no secret.

The building was being rented from a large heating and air installer that has been around for eons and the DEA raided him too, but it was a mistake.

The HVAC company kicked them out after a year! WOOHOO! Sometimes when I go home at night now I just think of how quiet it is even if it's not that quiet. My backyard over looks a major avenue with shopping and other business. This place was directly behind my house in my site and wide open to me.

This last month has been awesome as far as noise. We hear an occasional bass thumper go by, but that is fine. Try 10 -15 hours of your dishes rattling and your pictures sliding on the walls!

:wave:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
We don't have those problems on the east side.

The Anderson Township Militia takes care of them immediately.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Custer said:
We don't have those problems on the east side.

The Anderson Township Militia takes care of them immediately.
I'll tell you what, me and some neighbors came real close to doing something we would have all regretted. If they had not moved out I can't say where I would be right now.....

Our Township has no ordinance for noise and for business in Ohio there is no way a township can make an ordinance. Basically they said a business in Ohio can do whatever they want if in the right zone. I tried to make the argument with the township that if this was a rock quarry no one would put up with it and it wouldn't be allowed to make that kind of noise bordering on a suburb.

I'm just glad they are gone!

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Check your zoning laws, they may be required to erect a "noise retention wall" to separate residential from commercial, EPA may be able to help there should it happen again.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
A township has to take on it own zoning or it is left to the county. Most don't take it over since it is too costly due to lawsuits and such.

We took our over a few years ago which is somewhat rare.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Custer said:
A township has to take on it own zoning or it is left to the county. Most don't take it over since it is too costly due to lawsuits and such.

We took our over a few years ago which is somewhat rare.
Yes, but the EPA, being a Federal Agency can override the local zoning laws and require a noise wall where high noise level conditions may affect the quality of life for residents.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Cephus said:
Custer we don't live near a city or town but we had our share of the drugies they would come out here to plant there shit. Well they would come out with U-Haul trucks to harvest it and you know wwhen you hit an engine block with a 30-06 armor piercing
around it won't run,Now if you've called the police just after they get the truck loaded and then there engine won't run even our two man police dept. can catch them.I jusst don't know who would have done such a thing to those city boys it jusst baffels me.
hmmm....it baffles me too :D.

It seems that is a problem in many rural areas. Where I grew up, during my teenage years, it was in the country and I remember the helicopters flying over cornfields and wooded areas looking for illegal "crops".

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Diesel fuel makes great fertilizer for them Funny Lookin' Tomato Plants.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to know these jackasses that grew pot down in central Kentucky for bringing up to Cincy. They had this 1979 Monte Carlo that was gutted and had put a dirt track suspension on it with heavy duty everything as well as a 400 hp+ small block chevy. They ran their pot up here in that because it could out run one of those Kentucky state Mustangs. They did finally get caught though when the driver ended up going all the way to Dayton Ohioe on I-75 being chased by OHP. He blew a tire and fragged the motor all about the same time. The car had tinted windows and it was full of pot up to the windows as well as the trunk.

Did I mention that these were 4 brothers? They were all named after their father! They all had the same name! :lol: Each had a nickname though and the driver was Speedy of course!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Sounds like the lady that had 10 kids all named George. When asked "how do you tell them apart," she said "By their last name."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts