Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I respect her as a wonderful First Lady, but I wish she would quit calling me. The phone rings, I answer it, and she begins, "Hello, this is Laura Bush," then I hang up.

She's not the only one. I've also hung up on Rudy Giulianni, Senator John McCain, and State Senator Virginia Foxx, among others. I'm not sure if I will hang up on "W," but probably will, ... but I won't hang up on "Give 'em Hell" Zell Miller.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
gotta love getting those calls. Funniest one I got was not a call but a post card from the montgomery county democratic party that says, "Where have you been? Election day is NEXT TUESDAY, November 2. This is a little reminder for you because it has been a while since you have been to the polls to vote! Many issues are at stake in this year's election. You have the power to make a difference." There is even a number for a ride to the polls. Almost makes me want to call them then vote republican, LMAO. But seriously I should write them back and ask them to check a little better as to how I vote. In the primaries I vote republican, I get all kinds of republican literature sent to the house (not by request either - tons of "vote for me this is why I'm the best person for the job" stuff. Also How would they know if I have not been to the polls in a while to vote? Because that is funny seeing I vote in every election that comes up (even special elections). I am usually one of those that tries to get to the polls to vote as early as I can. Guess they are a little more dimwitted locally than I previously thought :D.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
I registered this year as an Independant and I get tons of junk crap from both sides. They love the oversized postcard type mailings in fancy 4 color printing. They should spend their money better....like on the stuff they whine about.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number so I have a lot of celebs on my answering machine because of caller ID.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
well I don't get as many calls from politicians or telemarketers as I used too. The phone company here has something called privacy director. It allows one to answer, not answer, or not answer as a sales reject - basically being put on a don't call list. Works pretty good so far.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! I got a phone call from Virginia Foxx, who is running for an open seat in NC's 5th Congressional District. I was about to hang up when I realized it wasn't a recording! Virginia was calling me as an NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts