Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
There was a time in our history...the early 1800's to the Civil War when it was even uglier.

We are starting to get there again, though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't there a Federal law concerning these types of "threats"? (Or does that only apply to the President?)

Guess I'll go-a-Googling and try to dig up some more. The St. Petersburg Democratic Club sounds more than a little "off the hook". Geez, that whole 2000 election debacle still has them this fired up? I love how they felt it necessary to post figures of dead and wounded in Iraq, I mean absolutely no disrespect to any of our fallen brothers and sisters or their families, friends and loved ones, but I feel those who've made the ultimate sacrifice should be honored and respected rather than exploited. (Perhaps the SPDC should take a peek into their American history books and look at the dead and wounded figures from single battles of our own Civil War)

SPDC President "Ken" (727) 343-7921
SPDC Vice P. "Edna" (727) 525-4586

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it is a sign of how divided our country is. This week it has affected me personally concerning my job and my relationships with my co-workers.

I have a co-worker who has been a citizen for about a year now. He is so anti God/religion it's not even funny. He has been on me and others for years with his constant hammering of people like myself. Mind you, I never bring it up ever because it's not something I want to discuss at work.

Unfortunately he brings it up quite often and occasionally I get very defensive due to his piggish comments. The other day I blew up at him which caused me to resign from being supervisor of the department. I have terminated my friendship with him at this point also. My wife is not happy about this either as she had become friends with his wife.

I cannot be objective anymore and I know if things keep going on course I will get fired. It all seems drastic, but I don't need it and I wasn't getting more pay for being a supervisor either. I've been doing this duty for 4 years and never gotten crap for it.

The ironic thing is I'm the only one that can do it! My anti freedom co-worker can't because he it technically in another department and the other one can't either due to his level and he doesn't want it. I'm not sure if I can resign! :D

My management has been too busy to even talk to me after I sent my 3 page letter describing why I was giving this duty up.

Did I mention he is also,

Anti-gun
Anti freedom of speech
Wants socialized health care
Anti Bush
Anti Conservative
Anti pro life
Anti a lot of other things.............

I'm done with it :dunno:

·
Registered
621 Posts
SangRun, it seems like the appropriate advice here is: "Beware the anger of a patient man."

Be nice to the guy until it hurts; meanwhile, watch his every move, and any time you see something that could get him in trouble, play the "concerned employee" and bring it to a higher-up's attention.

I have won many a battle with this technique. Two of the employees I did this to were into some borderline criminal activity, so it's not just playing politics.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zoid,

Basically he's an idiot that never knows when to shutup. He doesn't remember to bring money for lunch half the time and he refuses to use the ATM because it's too far away down the street. He could use the one in the building, but he would have to pay a fee. He'd rather bum money from me or another co-worker to get the bus home or lunch.

He's already stated that his ideas are the best because he relies on science to solve his questions.

In know way am I a bible thumper and I think most of you that have known me for the last 2 -3 years can attest to that. I believe you can beleive what you want and don't push people into your beliefs. That is one reason I never bring God or religion up at work. He feels he has to bring it up as a service to others. He's concerned that I'm in a cult and wants to save me and others from Christianity.

I'm so fedup from years of listening to his views and I can't even count how many times I've asked him to please keep his opinions to himself.

My Dad summed it up best when I was blowing off some steam talking to him the other night.

He said: You're dealing with a person who has never experienced the real freedom that is slowly slipping away in this country.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Jeff, Zoid, guys, they way to beat these ass holes is to make sure that our side get out the vote. So many on our side will put off voting relying on the next guy. Thats how Clinton won. It was not the third party candidate. The election in which Clinton beat Bush I less than half the elegible voters did their part. Its not that idiots like your coworker are going to beat us, we will if not careful give it over to them. Keep the faith, there are those in the middle east and Afganistan that are there for us, its the least we can do. Jack

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scubadvr said:
Jeff, Zoid, guys, they way to beat these ass holes is to make sure that our side get out the vote. So many on our side will put off voting relying on the next guy. Thats how Clinton won. It was not the third party candidate. The election in which Clinton beat Bush I less than half the elegible voters did their part. Its not that idiots like your coworker are going to beat us, we will if not careful give it over to them. Keep the faith, there are those in the middle east and Afganistan that are there for us, its the least we can do. Jack

You have that right Jack, too few people vote and too few take it seriously.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, and don't forget:

It has been my experience that people like this individual end up isolating themselves on their own little social island: no friends, no family, but they get to remain a legend in their own mind.

This individual will probably go to his grave wondering why everyone else is crazy and he's the only normal one. I've seen his kind; they live, but do not flourish. "Time wounds all heels" applies here.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think it is time to go Democrat hunting... And if Kerry gets elected we will be in a world of shit......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts