Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And threw a prospective buyers off my clients house, told my partner to go screw himself and keep his deals to himself and don't f&^ with me anymore.

I've been building up steam for a couple of days with his behavior and I'm not putting up with any more shit.

It's good to blow off steam, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes its better to blow off steam than to have it affect your health.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Must be something in the air. I am having a bad day at work.

I am damned unpleasant today. And getting worse.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are we all Virgos? There was something in yesterday's horoscope about business dealings and partners imposing (or trying to) their will on us.....Maybe that stuff is real. I never read it, but yesterday somehow I did and boy, it sure came in handy.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Damn...........don't tell me I share the same birthday month as you two guys. :biggrin:
Yesterday was a bad day for me.........over a hundred mile round trip to appraise a house and the damn homeowner didn't show..........I informed my boss about it and if my company does the appraisal later this guy may have a surprise.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I am having nothing but aggravation with the subcontractors doing our building addition.

Don't show. Won't work when they do show. Won't adhere to safety rules. PITA.

They are a walking billboard for illegal immigrant labor.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Don't get mad, get even. ;)

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Well, I feel better now.

Just got an email from my son. He got a big promotion at work.

Things can change in a heartbeat.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DorGunR....Sept 18th here, I think Custer is the 16th....Just do a pencil search and screw him.

Pogo, I will get even, but I couldn't take it anymore, the guy is putting me under pressure and he's a partner only on title, but don't get greedy on me 'cause I'm the boss and I only take shit from my wife.

Custer, I'm glad, be proud of him.

I need a stiff drink...but I'm on medication...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Well, I hope ya feel better, I know what you mean, I'm a virgo as well.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So we are all going through the same shit then.......there goes the forum....:blowup:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
aviator said:
It's good to blow off steam, isn't it?
Not necessarily. Better to stay cool in the first place, actually, and deal with things as they come up instead of allowing resentments to stockpile.

I never carry a resentment longer than the other guy lives.

But, yeah, once you lose your cool internally, keeping it bottled up ain't too good for you. But, myself, I've found that I can do an awful lot of damage blowing off steam (why I don't allow myself concealed carry). After I'm done blasting and blowing I immediately feel much better, and commonly am puzzled by the other person who is either cowering in the corner or staring at me with evil intent. Gee, I feel better now, why don't they? Which leads me to...

Are things OK with you and your partner now?

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of women living under the same roof going through the same lunar phases....

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Type As have heart attacks, type Bs get cancer.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
Which leads me to...

Are things OK with you and your partner now?
Ask me tomorrow.

I don't really need him, it's been a nice working relationship, he's got more experience than I do but I'm more knowledgeable about law and business as far as Real Estate is concerned, we have handled a number of deals together, but I think he's being pushed by his wife and he's not being 100% honest with me. And if it looks like shit and smells like shit...then it must be shit.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
aviator said:
Ask me tomorrow.

And if it looks like shit and smells like shit...then it must be shit.
Good words to live by Aviator, I just got off the phone with the "mother ship" TOC at the U of U about some issues we all have with the local "Butt Monkey" who kisses up soooooooo much to the new Dean that if he stopped real fast ,,,,,, well you folks know the rest.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Bluedog said:
Type As have heart attacks, type Bs get cancer.
Didn't know about the cancer deal.

But do know that subsequent research has shown that it's only a subset of Type A's that have heart attacks - the angry ones.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
aviator said:
...but I think he's ...not being 100% honest with me....
Bummer. A partner who doesn't level with you is a liability, not a partner.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts