Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss the 90's life was much better in those days.

I haven't liked the culture of the 00's much.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I really never notice the culture of a decade til I'm out of it. 90's were ok 80's were better.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
The 50's were better yet.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I don't see much difference but I would be curious to know what Jake is seeing.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
As I get older, the rough edges of each decade seem to get rounded off a bit.

However, I have a gut feeling the 60's will eventually be thought of as a decade that brought about some needed social change but on the whole ushered in a national malaise that has yet to die off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I miss the early 90's.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer said:
As I get older, the rough edges of each decade seem to get rounded off a bit.

However, I have a gut feeling the 60's will eventually be thought of as a decade that brought about some needed social change but on the whole ushered in a national malaise that has yet to die off.
The 60s brought both good and bad with it. It ended a lot of government sanctioned racism, but took away many, many other freedoms Americans previously enjoyed. It has gotten to the point that most Americans accept government involvement in their daily lives as normal.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
We have a lot more 4th and 5th amendment freedoms thanks to the 60's.

And we are going to need them as big expands that involvement in our daily lives.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Custer,

The 90's were the last decade were music scenes evolved themselves because people worked for it. So far from about 98-present its been more fabricated in ever genre of music.

The 90's were less about materialism thanks to the apathetic rock movement in the early 90's amoungst the left coast teens. The idea that a long haired guy with a flannel and jeans was just as good as a guy with 300 suit was kinda relieving.

The chicks then were so stuck up, and it seemed like friendships meant more to people in the 90's because the culture was more laid bad. Now its cosumer culture, fast paced, dog eat dog world.

Also in the 90's women weren't so quick to show skin and showed abit more dignity, than 00's culture wants them to show.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
scubadvr said:
I miss the eighties, pretty much because I miss Ronald Regan.
The 80's were great. I liked Reagan too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Heck I miss the time that has gone by, and sometimes wonder what it would be like to be able to go back to say 1981 with what I know today. I know, I know...I should stop dreaming, lmao.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I miss the 90's because my life started to turn around and I had so much fun. Mrs. Sang and I got married in 1996 and I was in shape and thin. Mrs. Sang was 22 and the worry of children had not taken their toll on her.

We were poor and I don't miss that too much, but all in all we're almost as poor with 2 kids now that she stays home except the tutoring thing.

As far as music goes, I don't pay attention anymore and when I do listen it's to my old stuff. I became a dedicated AM talk radio guy after 9-11 and that has not stopped yet.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Live in the past, and you die with it every day.

Dont be one of those shlubs that we see now days that still has a mullet and neon green spandex, driving the same old POS camaro he did when he graduated Tech School in 1987.
Because that's what hold-out grunge fans are becoming. Only istead of spandex its cut-offs worn over longjohns and instead of "Members Only" jackets its Nirvana T-shirts.
There's plenty of music out there in the underground, but I guess you'd have to attend college (not trade school, thats where mulletheads go) to find out what's been going on for the last decade.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
In my case, I guess I only miss being younger?

35 has been sort of a turning point in my life and part of it that hits me hard was coming very close to death 2 days before my birthday and spending 4 days over my birthday in the hospital.

I feel more comfortable taking risks even though I have family and after that little episode is when I started to work really hard helping Gunco out.

All in all it seemed like a good time to start accomplishing some things before I look back and say I wish I had.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts