Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I need to get some rivets to build up a few AKs. I'm getting set up to do rivets now and need enough to do probably half a dozen rifles, both folding and regular stocks.

I also need info on which rivets go where and if there is a better brand of rivet to use, what is a swell neck rivet and where/why do I use it, etc.

If anyone can help me out just reply to the thread, email, or PM. It's all good.

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check the Kvar.com site. Under parts they list rivit kits and where they go. Might be able to buy individual rivits cheaper in bulk but I have been using their rivit kits and they work great. Plus they are from an AK manafacture.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Cammer said:
Thanks gunnysmith... but delivery in 10-12 weeks? Probably 10-12 weeks after the buy is complete, whenever that might be, so the rivets might not be delivered until October. That's quite a wait. I was hoping to be able to build a rifle before the end of the summer.

Cammer, I was under the impression that 1-pat might be getting these out in the next week or so. If not, then it would be in about a month after he gets back from a trip.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Cammer said:
Thanks gunnysmith... but delivery in 10-12 weeks? Probably 10-12 weeks after the buy is complete, whenever that might be, so the rivets might not be delivered until October. That's quite a wait. I was hoping to be able to build a rifle before the end of the summer.
Ya might want to read the last page :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
sometimes if you need only one set, you could send a PM to 1-Pat and he might have a set he could sell. It is worth a try anyways.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh okay, I figured that he was going to have to wait until all the slots in the group buy were filled up before he could ship the rivets. I'll go read the last page and become better informed.

Thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts