Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
some stuff...

Got home in time to take a 1 hour nap before work, then off to my graveyard hell. MAN! Was the trip up 62 hell. I got behind every blue-haired old lady in Ohio. Took 3.5 hours to get home. Took 2.5 to get down there!

I had a good time, nice meeting everyone face to face. Definately better than sitting at home shooting all by myself.

Let's see.... memorable moments:

Geezah christening my Enfields!
Leadhead nearly sending his sling swivel into low orbit.
Custer's 3 hour AK maintenance session. (note to self: keep Custer away from my guns next time, he's got bad mojo!)
GregL's H&K P7....added to list of things I must own.
Hot AK brass down the shirt....always a treat.
Greg's boy "bumping" the lever action! :D
SangRun's "creation" AK (funky!)

Here's some pics. My head is still fuzzy from recoil & lack of sleep, so forgive if I screw a name or detail up...

The "Convoy"

Big Block, Geezah's friend Jeff, Geezah, Geezah's brother, Custer

Custer & Leadhead opening up the festivities.

Custer's pal (damn, name slipped me!) throwing lead.

Sang Run shooting his AK

"On Deck"

Custer shooting a 91/30, GregL & his son loading up, and Leadhead trying to take down a low flying surveilance aircraft.

GregL & his son (Adam, correct?) shooting.

Geezah's bro shooting the hi-cap SKS.

This sad scene repeated over and over again. Usually, this was followed by Custer saying "It's usually reliable." [dr evil]rrrriiiiiiiiiight![/dr evil]

·
Registered
78 Posts

Leadhead & AK.

Up close and personal pistol action downrange.

Big Block making dust out of concrete blocks!

Custer & his M44. He had a commie theme goin!

Leadhead going old skool plinkin.

more rimfire fun

GregL & his Turk'38

SangRun shooting my L1A1

·
Registered
78 Posts
Custer said:
I really did not see that much gunk. A fair amount on the rod, but not much in the ammonia when I dumped it.
Ideally, that's how it should be. The electro-cleaning is only effective when there's not much loose crap in the mix (dirt, debris). It should pull off the deposits of metals & fouling from the barrel and adhere it to the rod. I try to get my guns as clean as possible before doing the electro to them and I find it helps out greatly, especially on really fouled-up barrels.

If you've got your mix right and a fairly clean barrel, the process goes really quick before the solution neutralizes, usually only 15-20 minutes IME.

Sorry I screwed up the caption on your son....dunno what I was thinking I got him & Sheldon's friend confused or something. Like I said, when I typed those descriptions, I had been up for nearly 24 hours and still had 6 hours of work to go! Next time I do the shoot, I'm making sure I can take that night off.

It took me 6 hours to clean all my guns, but at last they're back in the safe and pretty

·
Registered
78 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Swingset,

Thanks for letting me shoot your L1A1 (sorry I called it a FAL) and your Madsen. Very nice guns, actualy beautiful would be better to say.
Glad you enjoyed 'em. That Madsen's a neat gun....bought it on impulse because it was chambered in 30.06, but I'm glad I did, it's a relatively uncommon gun and a very nice example.

Next time we have a shoot I'll bring down some more neat stuff!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Evil_Walks said:
Yo Swingset, we still need to hook up one of these days.......... :chinese: I'd love to throw a little lead downrange!!
There's some shoots coming up I'll be goin to. The ARF.com guys have a shoot at Briar Rabbit in Zanesville they're brewing up in May sometime, check the Ohio section over there for it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone know how to TIG weld real good!??? I just picked up this baby from a friend, with some masterful metalwork, I could bring this to the next shoot...

I bought it for $50 cause it was heavy, British and neato. Now I'm staring at those torch cuts wondering....and wondering....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.