Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always over eat at this place, but I still go. I could subsist on the spring rolls alone, as long as I had plaenty of the sauce that they make. Their Pad Thai is the best I've ever had. I love Indian food as well. maybe more.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Bluedog said:
I always over eat at this place, but I still go.
Sounds like Ryan's for me. We're getting a new Chinese restaurant(well actually the only one) in town and the wife can't wait. There's some Chinese food that I can't handle, but what I can I like pretty well.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Coolest thing about our losing the Vietnam War was that cities in California became glutted with really excellent Vietnamese restaurants.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I was not aware we lost the Vietnam War. Or perhaps you were misusing "our".

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes we lost the Vietnam war, the same way we lost the Phillipean war in 1942.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Cephus said:
I didn't loose anything ,We pulled out!!!!!!!!!
What Cephus said..........the only thing I lost in Nam was a little blood and a whole lot of sweat.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Before this thread gets completely hijacked...

Its too bad that the only access you have to Asian food is in the form of a food trough. You are really missing out.
I know how arrogant Californians can get when it come to thinking that they are the only people that have access to Pan-Asian cusine or are the only ones residing on the West Coast for that matter.
My favorites are Korean, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Chinese (when prepared individually), gimme turnip kimchee and bulgoki all day long.
American style Buffets are nasty enough, I cant stand how they ruin foreign fare as well.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
The lady whose children I care for is Vietnamese and if she had her way I'd weigh 350+ lbs! LOL

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
My favorites are Korean, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Chinese (when prepared individually), gimme turnip kimchee and bulgoki all day long.
There are several good Korean and Chinese [size=-1]restaurants near where I live. They serve the real stuff.........how do I know???? Because my FIL likes them and he is very picky.........he also grew up in Korea.:)

EDIT: Having spent some time in Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and Taiwan......I know what the food from these countries should taste like..........in other words I know good from so-so or bad.
[/size]

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
One of the VERY few things I miss about Cali.......the asian food.
The asian food in Arkansas sucks, it ALL tastes like they buy it all from the same place.
'Course, the BBQ in Cali sucked compared to what there is here, so it's a wash.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Fried spam and kimchee - My favorite. Almost as good as dog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts