DPMS fordged lower.

16" CAR kit from Model one.

Chromed chamber and bore.

HBAR.

May not sound like anything special to you guys, but I love her. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Is the barrel longer than a fixed bayonet?

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so.

If I were to bother whit a bayo on this gun, I think there should be few inches left sticking past the FH.........I think?????

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Nice looking Rifle man:)

The first one is my AMD-65 in Urban Camo, the second pic is also the AMD, third pic is My Bulgy weld build on and OOW receiver, I have since got some evil black mags from Scott at DPHArms and JNewt Both great guys to deal with! and the final pic is also the Bulgy74 with her bayo on;) and the Wasr10 that my cousin refinished the wood on and the Urban AMD that has decided to be a Bullpup instead...still working on the trigger...:(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Leadhead said:

Just finished her today......

DPMS fordged lower.

16" CAR kit from Model one.

Chromed chamber and bore.

HBAR.

May not sound like anything special to you guys, but I love her. :thumbup1:
Was the receiver an 80%? Did you buy the complete upper ready to go?

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
Cool! Very soon I will be playing with Lego's myself. I got the lower and just need a few more bucks to get the parts kit.
The thing that kills me is how easy it is to put one together. Don't get scared when you dump out all those pins and what-not. It all gose together rather easy.........

Also if launch a detent ( PITA ) accross the room, and realy loose it....

You can call me ( if you still got my # ) and I'll tell ya how to make one. :thumbup1:

That just sucked.....

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Use the 1/4" clevis pin trick, and You wont have to worry about launching the detent into a low earth orbit.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Man....you guys suck, now you have me thinking of picking up an AR reciever tommarow at the gunshow. :)

Actually there have been images of M4's and SPR's floating around in my psyche for weeeks, lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
7.62x39 said:
Use the 1/4" clevis pin trick, and You wont have to worry about launching the detent into a low earth orbit.
Wish I had known about that trick when i assembled mine, I ended up on my hands and knees searching for mine twice :)

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Very Nice Coyote!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Leadhead said:
Very nice indeed Cosmo.
Thanks, it's a work in progress, I've been thinking about putting a mid-length barrel on it. I'm working on putting together my next ar, a 20" slickside. I moved it to the top of the list of the other builds i had going :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
Man....you guys suck, now you have me thinking of picking up an AR reciever tommarow at the gunshow. :)

Actually there have been images of M4's and SPR's floating around in my psyche for weeeks, lol.
Heh... I totally gave up on the idea of building AK's at home.

However... the tools necessary to build AR's are totally reasonable.

I've got a vice block and armorer's wrench on order.

I've also started acquiring the parts for my first build, but not my first AR.

I had (4) Colt ARs, which I lost in the divorce (5) years ago. Argh.

I recently bought a complete DMPS M4 lower and then ended up buying a complete DPMS M4 upper (3) weeks later. I shot the complete DPMS this past weekend.

Sweet! :headspin:

Oh yeah... Black rifle disease! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts