Gunco Forums banner

I'm against any more US invasions.

1K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  magnus392 
#1 ·
[AClay47 begins daydreaming.]​

:sleep:

I supported the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but I'm opposed to any more overseas interventions. I was opposed to US involvement in Kosovo/Yugoslavia, and frankly I can think of other wars we shouldn't have been in - WWI, War against Spain, and a host of wars in Latin America. Maybe, we shouldn't have sent our boys into that Vietnam thing, and I'm still not sure about Korea. Then again, hindsight is always best.

There is talk about Iran, or Syria, being the next military theater. I say NO. There are other ways. During the Cold War, Reagan used proxies, as did the Soviets. That's one way. The Afghan model is pretty good - buy allies, direct them with Special forces, then let the different interests seek your favor.

Iraq has been executed well by our military. People cry about the number of deaths and injured, and rightfully so! Yes, the figures are low in terms of military campaigns. Maybe, there are many Iraqis thankful for our sacrifices? Maybe democracy would cure the Muslim world of repression? But - it is not our business. Our military's business is to protect America and defeat our enemies. It is not to spread democracy. The generation fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan are our country's future. Let's treat them as the treasure they are.
:troops:​
If Iran wishes to become a nuclear threat, I say paint "Iran" on enough nukes to turn Iran into an ashtray. Shoot first and ask questions later. I can hear the news conference now.

"Mr. President, it now appears your first strike against Iran, which turned that country into a sheet of glass, was a mistake. Will you apologize?"
:blowup:​

The President - "Hey, it was an accident. I was eatin' a pretzel. It went down the wrong way, and I bumped into the red button. Hurt like hell, too! Besides, who would I apologize to? There are no Iranians anymore!"

Maybe you should apologize to the international community?

The President - "Not till I start eatin' pretzels again. next question."

Mr. President, we just got reports that France's growing muslim population has begun a civil war against that important American ally. Paris has been overrun by Shiias and the Cathedral of Notre Dame has been turned into a mosque! Will you send American troops to defend the beleagured government of Prime Minister Jaques Chirac?

The President - "Heh heh heh! Jaques Chirac - the scuba diver? Somebody hand me a pretzel, quick! Heh heh heh!"

See less See more
#27 ·
I agree we are many places for little to no reason, but a MULTI-national force would still be better if and when we have to fight somewhere else in the Middle-East. Otherwise I feel that the Muslims would further look at the US as destroying/attacking their way of life. JMO :blowup: I love that one;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.