Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The house is a mess......business is a mess......my wife has a bad cold......I'm out of about $3000.00 but the girl had a nice time and private pictures taken with Mickey, Minnie, etal. I'll try to catch up with happenings during my absence. Right now I'm working on a deal that didn't close and the buyers' attorney isn't answering my partner's calls...so I'm holding one of his phone lines waiting for an answer.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Glad you are back.

The last time I went to Disneyworld was for Mickey's 50th birthday. We took my little girl who recently turned 30. I think it was 1978.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sang.....1978...that's the year I got married and became 100% civilian.

Just went to the fridge...lots of drinks there I didn't have before. There is something on top of the range that looks like broccoli, but may be an experiment in evolution, I'm not sure. Nothing like leaving the house to two boys in their twenties.....at least the dog is still alive. so she must have been fed.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cephus...only if I can find it, read my previous post. Good time?...like walking 20 miles a day for 4 days with very little time to eat and limited food supply (burgers and hotdogs).....hell week was easier than that... but the girl had an experience she may not forget for at least a week.....there is always the movie to remind her.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hope you had a good time Brother, I think last time we talked I told you that I would rather fight a platoon of Manchurian boarder gaurds than be around that many people.

the important thing is she had fun.:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
:welcome: Welcome Back, friend!

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Glad you survived! I haven't been to Dismal in close to 23 years now...I don't miss it one bit either. :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ubersoldate, I've probably said it before, but let me say again - I'm glad you're here, makes me want to stay, because I'm in good company!

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lupeloff said:
Hope you had a good time Brother, I think last time we talked I told you that I would rather fight a platoon of Manchurian boarder gaurds than be around that many people.

the important thing is she had fun.:)
And I survived.....We picked this week because according to Disney's officials it is the slowest time of the year (it was also the cheapest for Florida residents). I have been there during Easter break and it was 5 times as many people .

I didn't know Manchuria had border guards.....:)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Welcome back Aviator..........glad to see you survived..........I wouldn't have made it. :)

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DorGunR said:
Welcome back Aviator..........glad to see you survived..........I wouldn't have made it. :)
You would have done better than I did.....thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Custer said:
I would rather spend a day in jail than at an amusement park.

Yes! That is how I feel about it.

My wife wants to take the kids to the Zoo tonight for the festival of lights. I hope it is raining still by then, but she called me to say we could always go tomorrow night.

Gotta do the Daddy duty thing though...........

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
aviator said:
You are just too old..........
Naw, I hated that stuff when I was a young man. I did it to be a good daddy.

I don't see the sense in standing in those lines in the heat and humdity and listening to screaming kids.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I'm glad you're back too, but you weren't gone long enough for me to beat your score on Pingu. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Custer said:
Naw, I hated that stuff when I was a young man. I did it to be a good daddy.

I don't see the sense in standing in those lines in the heat and humdity and listening to screaming kids.
How do you think I feel at my (our) age with a 3 year old daughter and having to endure everything younger parents do? But it's not her fault she came along, we requested her, so now I (we) have no choice but to go along with the ride. No pun intended.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts