1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Slow rain here today also.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Preacher is that a creek or a low place thats filled with water??????

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
If the sun comes out with these temps, we are going to be mowing lawns in January.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
DorGunR said:
Preacher is that a creek or a low place thats filled with water??????
That's a creek. It's probably about 10' higher than normal.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Custer said:
If the sun comes out with these temps, we are going to be mowing lawns in January.
I know! My grass is getting as green as early spring. There is so much moisture that moss is starting to grow in places I have never seen before.

I do mean it has been raining! At times very hard and for 2 days straight. Custer should know as he lives on the other side of town from me.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Our office expansion is way behind schedule and a good hunk of it is due to weather.

Now we have decided to expand the plant by 1/3 and I was just given that project this a.m.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Custer said:
Our office expansion is way behind schedule and a good hunk of it is due to weather.

Now we have decided to expand the plant by 1/3 and I was just given that project this a.m.

Need any IT guys? JK:D

Sounds like you guy are busy up there. BTW: Do you know what scrapper are paying for steel right now? I heard that steel is being paid for an Aluminum is up to .50 a pound scrap. I got that aluminum awning that collapsed and it's going to scrap along with a bunch of other stuff my neighbor has collected.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Need any IT guys? JK:D

Sounds like you guy are busy up there. BTW: Do you know what scrapper are paying for steel right now? I heard that steel is being paid for an Aluminum is up to .50 a pound scrap. I got that aluminum awning that collapsed and it's going to scrap along with a bunch of other stuff my neighbor has collected.
Steel is about $150 per ton.

I don't know about aluminum but I'm guess all commodities are high. Manufacturing and construction are at pretty high levels.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Down here scrap steel is going for $300 a ton. I may need that ark yet, the water is getting high!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cephus said:
Well I now have a swiming pool in my basement about 18-20" deep the heater and the hotwater tank are under. I put a small pump in it but all it can do is stay even. The water is about 2' deep in the front yard. When you guys get those arks done pick me and the family up,we'll be the ones on the roof.LMAO we are not going to get any relief
until Sat. rain till then.Try and stay dry and keep laughing or you'll cry.

Sorry to hear that Cephus. My basement is probably leaking too, but I have a walkout basement, so it can never pool up. My buddy has that problem and he had a bad storm where the electric went out and his sump stopped. Talk about a disaster.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I happen to know a pretty good furnace man if you need help, If I can get there!!! You did pull the electric to the furnace didn't you?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
We had a cold spell, then warm, now two days of cool and then back to warm. Buddy don't know if he should shed or grow more fur.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I'm gonna need that ark!!! Guess I aint going to work today.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Well they did stock Huey Run today. If it keeps up, I'll be able to catch trout from my window. Just imagine if Huey lets loose, and Curtisville, and the Consol dam. I'll either need the ark or some good running shoes to haul my butt up the hill. And then watch everything in Mannington disappear. I'm not to worried though. Cephus knows what I'm talking about but for the rest, I have 2 lakes within 1/2 mile of my house and a 3rd only a mile away. Lots of water sitting around me. But it does make for some darn good fishing. If the rain let's up I'm going fishing. I've got a taste for fresh trout.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cephus said:
OH GEE THANKS THAT MADE ME FEEL BETTER If you could just keep it there for about another day it would be nice.LMAO I got the water down to about 4" now so I'm gaining on it. Sang you at work.
Yup, I'm back at work, I feel horrible, but 2 days at home with the kids can motivate a man! Actually 5 days if you count the 3 day weekend too.
Mrs. Sang needed a break from me as well. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts