12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To move on past Christmas

To move on past babies that eat all nigh

To move on past certain other situations

To move on past winter... yech!

To move on past all the medical bills we racked up this year

To move on out of my job, but that has to wait

Anybody else got that winter/holiday blues thing going?

I gotg a serious case of it today or should I say tonight?

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Not me. I love this time of year. I grew up in abject poverty, but I never had a bad Christmas.

I'm tired too, but you will not remember the hard stuff when you look back. You really need to have Grandma come over.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hey Sang, Cheer up. You got a reunion to go to.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I too hate this time of year, well I guess it is just the weather. the cold and the snow.
my yard truck of 20+ years stopped running, so I want and bought a newer truck. It ran ok till the snow fell, now I have two dead pos in my yard. Not to mention the 5 inch of snow turning into ice on the drive and yard. I would be happy if I never had to deal with the cold and snow again.
I guess that is one advantage of the city kind of people. snow is not even an issue to them, they come down from their appartments and either the building owners or the city have allready done all the work so they can walk around and say "oh it is so pretty". meantime I am here busting my ba** trying to deal with it.
If I do not get a plow running by the next storm I could be snowed in but good for real!!

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Cephus is right, time goes by too quickly and soon, in fact before you know it, you will be worrying about them driving & dating. Blue dog is right too, you need help. You will feel fine once you Mrs. Sang get to sleep all night.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Got a phone call today Jeff. Your presents were received and thanks given!

Years from now, you will look back at these days and relish them - believe it or not!

Merry Christmas, my friend! Your most precious gifts aren't under a tree!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
And a few years from now you have college to pay for........but hang in there cause it does get better,

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
DorGunR said:
And a few years from now you have college to pay for........but hang in there cause it does get better,
Voice of the wise; beat me to it.

I remember being up all night with my youngest only three or four years ago. She's almost 16 now. Time passes way too fast.

The Silly Season doesn't help things. It places entirely too much additional unwarranted stress on already difficult situations. Not my fave time of the year anyway. Too many "donwner" event anniversaries in Nov and Dec in my family.

Best of luck, hang in there.

Noah

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Think about your kids Sang. Watch their excitement over Christmas, and make it special for them. Your concerns won't seem as big a deal when you see what you are working for. You will some day look back and consider this to be one of the best times of your life. Enjoy them while you can. :)

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should not have posted that, but I was having some blues last night.

It is exciting to see the kids open the presents. My 2 year old thinks every present is for her now.

I too grew up with hard times Bluedog, if I look back it is 1000% better than those days.

It will pass, I know it will and it's nothing I would say is extreme. But, thanks to all for the kind words and it does help after driving 20 mph all the way to work this morning through the snow and ice.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Hardtimes is a relative term. My kids would probably judge my childhood that way but my Dad would not agree. I would judge my Dad's childhood as hardtimes but I am sure my grandfather would not agree.

I recall an old timer I worked for many years ago. We were at a company dinner and some of the employees were complaining about the food.

This gentleman grew up during the Depression and said "I've never had a bad MEAL".
I am not sure all of our dinner companions understood what he was saying but it was loud and clear to me.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even though I'm from the GenX, I've never really had a bad meal either. Last night we had Marie Calender post pies because we were pressed for time and tired.

I eat anything and everything except seafood. I have friends who won't eat a fastfood hamburger or a hotdog. If I have to eat I will eat whatever it is and be thankful I have money or time to eat.

My Dad and Mom used to go to the dumpster behind Krogers when I was a kid to get the stuff they threw out. Day old bread, noodles, can goods. The stuff that stays okay, no meat or anything like that.

That was during the Jimmy Carter years and one of the many reasons I loathe that man!

My wife grew up dirt poor too and delicacy for her was a fried baloney sandwich. Their Dad always took a baloney sandwich to work and because they were so poor no one else was allowed to eat the baloney. If they got sick their Mom would fry up some baloney for them and to this day my wife still craves fried baloney when she's sick.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Pogo said:
Think about your kids Sang. Watch their excitement over Christmas, and make it special for them. Your concerns won't seem as big a deal when you see what you are working for. You will some day look back and consider this to be one of the best times of your life. Enjoy them while you can. :)
Good point Pogo.

Sang, You sound like you're doing a little better today.
Hang in there pal, You know what they say, anything that doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger.

Merry Christmas buddy.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Sang, I can tell your lifestyle is fast pace for sure. Any possibility of getting a day or two off? Sounds like you need it.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Preacher said:
Sang, I can tell your lifestyle is fast pace for sure. Any possibility of getting a day or two off? Sounds like you need it.
It's not that fast by most standards, but when you add up all the lost sleep, holidays, work, family, and other stuff it becomes a touch too much at times.

I got the next 4 days off and 3 the next weekend.

We got a lot to do, but I don't have to go to work!

Thanks Max!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone on the board!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sang, I hope that you, the Mrs. and the kiddies have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas.

Pogo is right, once you see the 2 year old open those gifts, not much will matter. :) I'd rather watch my girl open stuff I gave her than to get presents. It's a cool feeling to see that smile as the paper gets ripped to shreds. :D

Hang in there, before you know it, you'll be stressed waiting for them to get home from a party. :D

Merry Christmas. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts