Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Lord!

Been hammered since Sunday afternoon by this black death . I got about 4 hours sleep last night and drug myself to work today because I already took 3 days off this week.

When does one start feeling better? Usually 1-2 days of bad stuff then you feel it release, but not this crap. If I don't feel any better by Sunday, I'm going to an Urgent Care for some meds or something.

This just sucks! :wallbash:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Sang I do feel your pain............all I have to do is look at my wife to know how you feel............she's really hurting but drinking lots of liquids and staying in bed.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Angel has come down with something. I'm surprised she hasn't ogt it sooner. All the old folks at the home she works at has had it since November. They keep catching it from each other. Talk about a mess.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I feel it.......I feel it.....Believe me I feel it. This is some bad stuff, 6 days and no sign of a let up.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It started over here back in November and seems to keep going around in circles. It was warm last weekend so we opened all the windows to get rid of these never ending germs! We're all starting to get better now, finally. We went from a basic cold, to the flu, to the stomach flu, to sinus infections and never ending coughs. There's not much you can do but ride it out, unless you think you have an infection. This flu season is horrible. Hope you're feeling better soon!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going home today while my wife has the kids out and the lysol is coming out full force on everything around the house that the snot generators touch. :angry:

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Sang I certainly hope you get to feeling better. I know you can't get in bed and really get the rest you need with 2 little ones. Has your wife gotten it yet? If not you need to take care of yourself, as someone's(you) gonna have to take care of the rest of your family if they get sick.

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
Snot generators????? The kids????

Sounds like your the snot king...

Its all that city liven man, all you need is a good say out in the cuuuuntry. Get that Cinci smog out of your system........

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leadhead said:
Snot generators????? The kids????

Sounds like your the snot king...

Its all that city liven man, all you need is a good say out in the cuuuuntry. Get that Cinci smog out of your system........
I hear ya!

I'm at home now alone and in bed with my laptop. Much better!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
...When does one start feeling better? Usually 1-2 days of bad stuff then you feel it release, but not this crap....
That's 'cause it's cancer, SangRun.

The good news is that there's really no point in running up medical bills.

On a more serious note...

How come you can't take more time off work? If I were your employer or a co-worker, I'd be quite angry at you for bringing your filthy diseases in to be spread around in the workplace.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I guess Angel was one of the lucky ones. When I had posted earlier she was still resting. She was so miserable yesterday that I had no idea she'd wake up this morning and feel fine. I guess hers was the 24 hour thing. I'm glad. She has a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow so maybe she'll get rested up and get it out of her system before I catch it from her.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
That's 'cause it's cancer, SangRun.

The good news is that there's really no point in running up medical bills.

On a more serious note...

How come you can't take more time off work? If I were your employer or a co-worker, I'd be quite angry at you for bringing your filthy diseases in to be spread around in the workplace.
Yeah, they begged me to go home and I did.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I'm feeling your pain as we speak. My 1st day back to work this past monday from vacation in ugly ohio weather and Im sick as crap. I worked all week with a sore throat that might be strept throat....I dont know because I have not had time to go to the doctor. Im also missing the last WMA Deer Hunt for the season. All my buddies are going and I have to dream about being there. Really stinks to miss a hunt.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Preacher said:
Angel has come down with something. I'm surprised she hasn't ogt it sooner. All the old folks at the home she works at has had it since November. They keep catching it from each other. Talk about a mess.
We are having problem where I work as well, fortunatly I have not gotten anything yet. Seem like everyone who recieved the flu shot is getting sick, it was like that last year to. Good thing I refused the flu shot.

·
Registered
369 Posts
We don't get sick days were I work. I would kill for a benafit like that. I only get 3 weeks vaction after 10 years. If I don't work I don't get paid. I get paid buy what I do and Not how long I am at work.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
We don't have the flu right now in my office--we have a chick with pink eye, she refuses to go home and thinks it's hilarious. I told her if I get pink eye--her and I are going round and round. The last thing I need is an eye infection :censored2

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll have to admit I get 28 days a year to do with as I please and 2 floaters. We also sometimes get a speical day off once a year paid by our department.

It's nice and I know I got that good. I've worked some really shitty jobs in the past.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Yep Flu and Upper respitory infections blew though the staff at the hospital I work for. LOL the only way you could tell the staff from the patients were the scrubs. We all gave it to each other. Luckily I got it early in the season, still it took me close to a month to get rid of it all the way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts