Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! I don't know if I want the Springfield Armory Mil Spec, or the GI 45. Any suggestions as to why buy one over the other? There is a quite a few bucks in price difference! Any one know why?
Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Irish317 said:
I need help! I don't know if I want the Springfield Armory Mil Spec, or the GI 45. Any suggestions as to why buy one over the other? There is a quite a few bucks in price difference! Any one know why?
Thanks,
Sean
Both are nice but not made in the USA. I have held off on one because to me a 45 should be American. Just my two cents. Jack

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wish I could offer the voice of experience but I haven't had the opportunity to shoot a Springfield pistol in years. But their prices are attractive and the fact they're not made in the land of greedy means little to me. I'd gladly purchase a foreign made AR just the same---if they weren't banned from importation.

We all buy, shoot and enjoy foreign firearms. Why should a .45 ACP pistol be any different. My 9mm Browning clones from Hungary and Argentina of all places are well constructed, reliable pistols. For the money Browning wants I wouldn't touch one of their Hi-Powers. Too many other options on the high end of the scale.

I'd definitely look into parts interchangability and reviews. Beretta/Taurus, I'd go Taurus. Beretta parts work, US after-market parts work. I'm guessing the new Springfields are at least of the quality of the old Norinco .45 clones,( try to find one of those cheap now-a-days). Folks took that bargain and ran a hundred miles with it, maybe more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts