Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to work for a big PC reseller at their configuration facility. When I got married we needed a decent PC for my wife to use for school.

I bought a factory return IBM PC 350 WITH 2.1 gig hard drive and a 166 MHZ processor, 32 mb of memory.

We used it a lot and I upgraded to 196 mb memory and a 233 processor.

The machine has been loaned out twice and been back to me twice. It still runs great and has never failed on any part, but it's too damn old and slow.

It's a paper weight of huge proportions now and cannot even run WIN98 very well. There are no parts in it that will work on anything newer either.

I just decided this horse is coming to the Gunco shoot next spring to be put out of it's misery by a bunch of gun happy Guncoer's :D

It's sad, but why send it to the waste dump when it can bring about 3 seconds of joy as 15-30 guys all shoot it up as once with assualt rifles.

Anyone see a problem with that? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Mind the ricochets! Those old IBM PC's are built like tanks!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Been there, done that. Last time I went to the range, I helped a gentleman ensure the "nonrecoverability of data" on the hard drive in the computer he brought to sacrifice to the great God of Guns.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cammobunker said:
Mind the ricochets! Those old IBM PC's are built like tanks!
Naw, this is one of their newer generation ones with thinner sheet metal.

I had one of those old XT clones for a while and you ain't kiddin! The case alone weighed about 30 lbs!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Been there, done that. Last time I went to the range, I helped a gentleman ensure the "nonrecoverability of data" on the hard drive in the computer he brought to sacrafice to the great God of Guns.
You can ask some of the Cincy guys on the board. I regularly bring used PC's and components to a shoot. I brought 2 laptops once that became dust after 30 seconds.

Hard drives hanging across a chain are my favorites. It's a small enough target to need a little skill and you know when you hit them.

I had another dead desktop my Dad and I shot with a .50 blackpowder rifle as well. You talk about some metal deformation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts