Gunco Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Folks I just found out last night that I have 4days to move. I have been renting a room from a friend and their landlord sold the house, so she decided to move. Well this was all good, but she left it like it would be the end of December...not the 1st... Well to make a long story short, after she decided Sunday to move out by this wkend no one bothered to tell me. So now I am scrambling for a place to live and to make arrangements and all the logistical stuff. So I will not be on too much in the next wk or so:( I will miss you all during my down time and look forward to being back on soon!

Magnus392 :thankyou:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Good luck Bro., been there, done that.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Yep, take care of business and get back soon.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
When I was a young whipper snapper like you I got kicked out at 18. Slept on a lot of couches here and there.

Be a good guest anywhere you go and offer to cook, clean, and take out the garbage on a regular basis :wink:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
It WOULD be awesome to see the fear in the enemy when they came up against Magnus, but I'm afraid he would have a bounty on his head way too soon. A soldier that big who can shoot would be given a lot of attention by the bad guys, in a bad way.

So stay home young man and do what you can here.

Remember - fish, and visitors, start to stink after three days.

Although it takes sacrifice, getting your own place (even if rented) can do wonders for your confidence and overall well being. BTW, "confidence" is the most important/attractive thing to young women, don't let them tell you otherwise. :wink: GG

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
gordon gauge said:
It WOULD be awesome to see the fear in the enemy when they came up against Magnus, but I'm afraid he would have a bounty on his head way too soon. A soldier that big who can shoot would be given a lot of attention by the bad guys, in a bad way.

So stay home young man and do what you can here.

Remember - fish, and visitors, start to stink after three days.

Although it takes sacrifice, getting your own place (even if rented) can do wonders for your confidence and overall well being. BTW, "confidence" is the most important/attractive thing to young women, don't let them tell you otherwise. :wink: GG
Very well put! When I was finally out on my own I had a lot of parties where young things would come with friends. I always kept my place clean and even made my bed before a party. These nice young things would always comment that it was nice to see a guy clean up and take care of his stuff. It got me some play due to that :D

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the encouragement y'all! I am getting my own place (an apt) I am gonna sign the papers tommorow. Jose and I used to be roomies then he went off to school, so I decided to save some money and help a friend out too, and this is where it got me. It should be interesting to say the least. Last time I moved it took about 6wks for my DSL to get back up...I really hope it doesn't take that long this time! CammoBunker...If I could have gone I would have! I really think I could have been a military man, but my size kept me out. I am still working on it and hope one day before I am too old I can do a couple of yrs. I will try to check in from work after hrs and stuff to keep you guys in line! to new times :drunk:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Good luck as you embark on this adventure Magnus. It's been a long time since I've been in your shoes, but I do recall what it's like. Arrangements made in haste don't always work out so great but it'll all work out over time.

(At least you didn't blow yerself up with the 'homemade targets'!):tongue:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Come North my friend.....Hell...I'll knock down a wall or 2 to fit ya in.. :thumbup1:

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Moving your residence once you are an old fart is such a pain.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I slept there last night and have as far as I know everything moved that I need. Now all that is left is swapping my phone and DSL over(should be about like pulling teeth w/o novacaine) and getting the electricity in my name. Well and the great task of figuring out what I don't have at the worst possible time. I have TP by the way:D Thanks for the good words everyone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts