Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Authorities also look at 2001 hunter slaying
Updated: 11-24-2004 12:18:03 PM

(AP) - Clark County's sheriff says his detectives "jumped on it right away" when trying to determine any possible link between the fatal Sawyer County shootings and the 2001 death of a hunter near Neillsville, Wisconsin.

Sheriff Louis Rosandich says the homicide of Jim Southworth in November of 2001 has not been forgotten by area citizens or anyone else. Southworth was hunting alone on family land when he was shot twice in the back.

Witnesses reported a late 1980s-model Nissan or Chevy truck near the scene of the shooting. Three occupants in the truck were described as Asian. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the Sawyer County shooting suspect, Chai Vang, owned a 1987 Nissan pickup.

Authorities have said Vang was hunting with two other people on Sunday before he wandered onto private property west of Exeland. The other two people have not been found.

Vang is accused of fatally shooting six hunters and wounding two others.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently there have been some culture clash type issues with the Hmong in that area. Not sure who is at fault but I guess some of that will come out.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Good find Custer, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
This just in ...........................

Just now on the Midnight news, authorities have disclosed that Mr. Chia Vang, owns a hunting property in Minnesota.

He purchased a 40 acre parcel of huntling land near Hinkley, Minn. in 2003.

Interesting, isn't it?

Friends of mine in the area up there are saying that Vangs wife named the two other guys he went hunting with, police in both states are looking for them. Neither has been found yet.

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
This just keeps getting stranger by the minute, and of course, the people at DUng, think it's all Bush's fault, and all racially motivated! :dunno:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
db3443 said:
This just keeps getting stranger by the minute, and of course, the people at DUng, think it's all Bush's fault, and all racially motivated! :dunno:
I don't know how they can keep getting more stupid. You would think there would be some sort of scientific limit hard wired into the human DNA.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Custer said:
I don't know how they can keep getting more stupid. You would think there would be some sort of scientific limit hard wired into the human DNA.

There was at one time but the laws of natural selection have been suspended in the human race...except for the exceptionally stupid, they always find a way to piss off Mother Nature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts