Gunco Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have anything to protect your firearm investment? Not knowing the future of gun laws, some of these may not be replaceable. In case of fire, theft, etc I would like to have some protection to my investment. I do not know what I would do if I came home from a weekend vacation and find out that I was robbed.

I live in an apartment and about ready to move to another. I thought about getting a safe but do not like the idea of having to move one. I will not stay in this new apartment for more than 2-3 years. Is it a hassle to have a safe moved form location to location? I know it is not easy, but it is a huge deal?

My other thought is a insurance policy. Even though some of these guns cannot be replaced, I want some protection. Do you have a insurance policy on you collection or know anythign about that in general? I'm curious if these policies are difficult to get and what to expect to pay in annual premiums.... on say a $5K collection (# picked at random).

BTW, I know it sounds silly looking for protection for guns, but I'm not always home. Cannot protect what I'm not near.

·
1,763 Posts
I personally have the same dilemma.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy a decent safe. My gun locker scares the poop out of me.

The bad point is that some of the guns can't "really" be replaced. So insurance won't really cut it. Hell, I made them. It's personal..

I had a dream the other night that I came home and all my beloved assault weapons were gone, it was one of the worst dreams I have had in almost ten years.

I think it's got to be like anything else that's worth taking care of, it's costs money.

I had a client give me a safe (jewelry) and although I have to move it and pay for it to be "broken into" (to remove his stuff, he forgot the combo) I talked to a local guy who will trade me a decent gun safe. So that's coming for me in a week or so.

I will keep it in my garage directly below my apartment, which is where I build the them to begin with..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts