Gunco Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of their ironwood designs stocks all dressed up & ready for playtime? I'm thinking hard about that AK-74 foregrip & really really want to get my hands on one.

Also, I'd like the grooved buttstock and see that they no longer offer it - I wonder if they'd add it if anyone requested it on their order?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have a pair of photos posted in this thread "my variants + photos I hope".
the bottom ak in each photo has an ironwood designs stock and pistol grip. they are very nice quality and only require minimal finishing. also price not too bad allways helps.
I bought laminated to go with my firsk polish kit. went to a local sherwin willimas with my grip to match a stain and they helped me pick out a near perfect match

·
Registered
61 Posts
hcpookie said:
Anyone have pics of their ironwood designs stocks all dressed up & ready for playtime? I'm thinking hard about that AK-74 foregrip & really really want to get my hands on one.

Also, I'd like the grooved buttstock and see that they no longer offer it - I wonder if they'd add it if anyone requested it on their order?
Hey, Ask and ye shall receive. This is a set Matt actually finished for me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That is the sweetest looking stock set I have ever seen. :rockin:

How much did it cost?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Please more info on that Ironwood stock!!! That is awesome! They did the finish for you eh? I would have to buy a new ak just to put that on!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here is a link to an IW stocks I modified and finished to look like a Russian T3 set. It has a Russian grip and an upper that I made. I reshaped the lower and added a metal ferrule to the rear and installed reinforcing screws in the lower and buttstock.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/Ironwood Stocks/DSC02781.jpg

For comparison here is a link to an all Russian T3 set.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/AK47/DSC02725.jpg

In general IW makes a pretty good product.
It is not perfect and could use some tweaking for the purist.

As for maple sets, I e-mailed Matt a few months ago and his answer was not encouraging.
He said he did not know if he would make any more.
He said he was busy with other projects and that he may get around to it.
I guess if we want him to make some maple sets we need to get together and convince him.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Z_recto,
Nice work on the Ironwood stock. I have only seen a few with what I consider a nice looking finish on them. It makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
wow
that ia unbelieveable,, maby the nicest set I have seen!!!
hope you take good care of that set

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bud Dwyer said:
Please more info on that Ironwood stock!!! That is awesome! They did the finish for you eh? I would have to buy a new ak just to put that on!
Well, I paid Matt @ Ironwood designs $180 for a customer set in December. I then told him axactly what I was looking for. 2 and half months later I received the set. I was in absolute shock when I saw this incredible set.

Highly, Highly recommend Matt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts