Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what one left wing political cartoonist thinks about Condoleeza Rice:

and another ....

I wonder how the national media would react if The Washington Times ran a cartoon portraying Donna Brazille has a "house *****," or "aunt jamima," of if Charlie Rengel were called an Uncle Tom? If the Dems nominated a black to the Supreme Court, would it be okay to trash him, as was done to Clarence Thomas?

To me, these sorts of rants are the same as the Canadian PM who stomped on a George Bush action doll on TV. It just makes them look shallow and dull.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
There is no doubt they are prejudiced against a lot of groups. They just couch it in clever ways dressed up as being progressive.

The truth is starting to ooze out as they become more depressed, strident and hostile.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Our Senator Byrd (and no he's not in there on my vote) used the n word awhile back without any consequences. Go figure.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I am not a religious man but some of this Jesusland stuff from the left is offensive.

The other night while I was driving home from work I saw some geeky looking young woman with a bumper sticker that read "No special rights for Christians".

I am sure she thinks she is a progressive and a bastion of liberal tolerance. It is truly showing the real nature of the left.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
We don't need special privaledges here on earth, we'll get those when we get to Heaven.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I'll be happy if the left starts to understand the BOR while I am on this earth.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
If it was a right wing news organization displaying similar cartoons about a black liberal person, Ted Kennedy would spill his drink and immediately yell racism. And right at his side would be Jesse Jackson and all the other race pimps demanding a public apology. Yep, the left can be racist, but it's all in good fun when they do it.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Bill of Rights.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
You guys got it all wrong. Its the Republicans that are racist because they want to cut welfare. ONLY Blacks and Hispanics are on welfare, so cutting it is racist. THe Democrats realise that Blacks and Hispanics can't make it in our society without goverment help. Republicians are also racist because they want to withold that help. Questioning any of the forgoing premisis is simply not allowed.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Pogo said:
................... Yep, the left can be racist, but it's all in good fun when they do it.
Indeed, back in the days I was a Democrat (I'm not ashamed, it was a different party then.) about the time LBJ ran (which is when I became Independent) there was a trend developing.

The Dem' party was employing less attempt at logic or reason, and depending instead on emotion and "feel good" argument.

I think that may possibily have peaked with Bill Clinton. Because it didn't work well for J. Kerry.

Along with that came the smarmy, "coastal elitists", Steve Allen was one of the first , who couched their attacks in erudite and oh so intelluctual "humor".

The Cartoons AClay47 posted here are typical of that genre, and Bill Maher is a fine example in the broaddcast media.

Their arguments have been reduced exclusively to emotional appeal, personal attack and ridicule.

All protected by the BOR.

IMO there was always a strong racist element in the Dem Party, a contributing factor to my leaving it. Their policies and practices have virtually destroyed the Black family in the U.S.

You've probably already noticed the tactic of accusing the opposition of the very acts they (the Dems) are activiley committing. Voter fraud being the most obvious.

Hopefully, the results of November 2, are indications that their old act is wearing thin.

30 years is a VERY long run in showbiz.

:biggrin:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Yeah, Bluedog, I get the irony.

Nothing more racist than the 40 year presumption that blacks can't make it under the same rules as whites. Worse than 40 years as I guess it goes back to the original Freedman's Bureau created after the Civil War.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
We should never allow them to point at a republican and shout "racist" again unless the behavior supports the claim. What happened to Trent Lott should not be allowed to happen again.
The difference is that the republicans hold themselves to a higher standard and we are much more sensitive to such charges. The Dems just dismiss any notion that they could possibly be racist(or homophobic or misogynistic ect..)as absurd. While it is the left that calls us racist it is our own side that usually insist the accused step down or apoligize.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I have heard diversity training "experts" preach that no member of a minority (groups who has been victimized by the majority) could ever be deemed racist.

They really believe this and explains the pass they usually get.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
5KNIVES said:
The Dem' party was employing less attempt at logic or reason, and depending instead on emotion and "feel good" argument.

I think that may possibily have peaked with Bill Clinton. Because it didn't work well for J. Kerry.
Hmmmm, that's a good point that I've overlooked. And, it does seem things are going more our way since Clinton left office. Society does change, and some time it surely has to be for the good. :tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts