Gunco Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS the Panic over yet.. I just can't believe it's been two plus years since I've been able to walk into a retail store and buy 22 rimfire ammo.. now I look at getting a few pound of powder to reload some shotgun shells and every type of powder is GONE.. Holly F'N Cow what would happen in a REAL emergency like a real SHTF incident..Some kids get shot in school and 22 ammo drys up for two years... WTF... B2B

·
gunco irregular
3,431 Posts
I haven't seen any here for a long time. You'd think the ammo plants would be running 24-7 to keep up with the demand.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
That's the thing. Ammo makers are saying they are going 24/7.where's it going. I don't even bother going to wally world anymore. And I'm not going to pay 90 bucks for a box of22.maybe when people quit freaking. ..when's the next election?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Since Dec. before last I've managed to pick up two bricks of .22 locally. WalleyWorld here still has about 3/4 of the ammo shelves empty most of the time. They are starting to keep a stock of .223 and 7.62 in the last couple of months though. Maybe that's cause I haven't been buying any though. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
i picked up 4 1lb containers of H332 last week at bass pro here, I got plenty of 3031 last month at a fun show in Pa when I was up north, plenty of 22's at the show and online but not in the shops. last month natchaz had plenty of american made 40 grain 22lr, I got a few K when ordered with 9mm &45cal shipping was not to much
primers have never been a problem
prices on primers ( $32-35 per K) n powder ($28 a lb)have stabilized

·
Registered
454 Posts
I see everything at my big retail sports shop except 22. I managed to grab one brick for $25 months and months ago but all I ever see are shorts.

However every other caliber has been *in stock*, the prices are just ridiculous compared to buying in bulk online. An example, theres a ton of x39 wolf in stock on any given day but its regularly priced $9.99/20, weekly special normally $6.99, went down to $5.49 with a coupon during christmas.

I really dont think the country is going to settle down until we see floppy ears leave and we get a different party into power.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
I've seen I RWS222lr target at 15 bucks for fifty. Passed. I'm glad cci donated what they did to the boy scouts.

·
Citizen, Patriot, Ranger
2,862 Posts
I've seen I RWS222lr target at 15 bucks for fifty. Passed. I'm glad cci donated what they did to the boy scouts.
I normally avoid CCI due to price, and I had not heard of anything they did with the BSA. I would like to know more. If they did something cool for the Scouts, I would change my opinion of their pricing. Please, where do I find the info?

Regards,

·
gunco irregular
3,431 Posts

·
Banned
289 Posts
At my local Canadian Tire they have everything including .22. They have reorganized everything and now have a big .22 section for rifles and ammo, in fact so much ammo I was taken aback at the scale of it.
What puzzles me is how is it that the stores are overflowing with ammo up here when things are tight down south, especially as 99% of it is made in the US.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Thank you moleman I had forgotten where i read that. American r ifleman.maybe?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
and canada is often held up as communist by the administration?--LOL obama is probably paying to get the ammo shipped EVERYWHERE except to the USA.

i also know hundreds of millions of rounds are going to mexico as well.

At my local Canadian Tire they have everything including .22. They have reorganized everything and now have a big .22 section for rifles and ammo, in fact so much ammo I was taken aback at the scale of it.
What puzzles me is how is it that the stores are overflowing with ammo up here when things are tight down south, especially as 99% of it is made in the US.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Most everything is still sparse around here,,and expensive for the most part to boot. Even in shops that specialize in reloading stuff ,,,it's ridiculous.

Powder and primers,,,forgetaboutit!!!! I haven't seen 3031,Bullseye, Unique , LG pistol or Lg rifle primers in months here. Not that you'd even buy it at there prices,, anyways. A very few have it but @ well >50+ for primers, and powder at about the same price per pound for powder,,,,,NO WAY!!! Keep It,,,,I'll just use what I have on stock.

By the sounds I may have to make a road trip South just for supplies at this rate. Even going all the way to Fla would pay for itself in the long run right now.

·
Registered
15,204 Posts
I cant find much an I was looking for number 10 percusson caps last night an it looks like every one is out .

I have managed to get about 600 rounds of 22lr in the last year.

I wish I could just place a order an wait my turn. Im sick of the guys who go every day an then sell the stuff on GB an keep prices high.

If an when I find the powders I need an I actualy have any cash Im goingto gert 5 pounds an also what ever primers I can afford .

I think its rediculass that the manufatures are jacking prices up also they should be akig a killing if there running 24-7 an selling every thing.

'Id bet thye would sell a few more rifles if they made ammo for them .

I bet Ruger has had trouble selling 10-22 with no ammo to shoot in them . Hell Id liley buy any normal 22 if the dealer would sell me 2000 rounds of ammo to go with it LOL

·
Banned
289 Posts
Makes me wonder about the regulations for importing ammo from Canada. We can bring ammo from the US for personal use without a special licence, but does work the other way around ?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I brought back two bricks from Canada when I went up hunting..last year so yes personal use is OK.. but you can only bring 11 Lbs of ammo on the airplane and has to be in the original container .. I've only bought two bricks in two years.. wish this panic BS would end.. b2b

1 - 16 of 16 Posts