Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...5.56 ak mag followers. Specifically I'm looking for 5.56 waffle mag followers, but if another type of follower would work that would be great too. I have a bunch of 7.62x39 followers but they won't work and I would need to modify the ak-74 followers to fit. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hcpookie said:
http://www.robarm.com/RA_price_list_2001_22_feb.htm

20025VEPR .223 Magazine Followers, RA Made $ 5.99 20026VEPR .223 Magazine (Specify Rifle Type), 10 Round $ 25.99

http://www.robarm.com

May be cheaper to mod some 5.45 followers.... ?

hth,
- Jerry
I was thinking of the robarms followers, but my thought was that they were for the ak-74 mags so that they would feed in 5.56 (223). Of course I could be wrong. I have some plastic -74 followers that I am going to try to mod - will see how bad I screw up, lol. Either way I will post pics of the process in case others want to do the same thing (pics will be posted only if successful). Maybe it will be a good project for the weekend. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hcpookie said:
Another thought, is to purchase a Saiga 5.56 so that you've got all of the components you'll need from the start. May even be cheaper!
Well I would, but... I am working on a build with 84s parts on a hesse receiver I used a bulgarian trunion that global sells for the chinese barrels. For US parts I have the receiver, Gtech G2 FCG, and a KVAR black nato length ak74 style stock set. Only thing I have left to work out is the mag issue. Norinco mags don't fit, AK-74 mags don't, weiger mags and waffle mags don't either, lol. I have started some mods to the trunion to make it so either the weiger mags or waffle mags will fit. Maybe I would be smarter to try to get the ak-74 mags to fit instead (cheaper price). Once I get that worked out I will be ready to test the gun. This project is kind of a bastard project in that I have been working on it off and on for about a year, getting it out whenver I feel the urge to do some wecsog work. I want to get it done before to much longer though. Guess that is what I get for trying to do to many things at once, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts