Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an sks or aks and just shoot a gator in the head and cook it up and eat him up? A dream vacation for me. My wife not so much

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
No Sir. It's very well regulated. I hunt with a professional 'gator boy type of guy so I don't need papers at all. But to hunt you enter a type of lottery and I believe the cost of the permit, if you 'win', is over $1000. Cost of a guide and motel or lodge can be over $100 per day. You'll be allowed 2 animals. Keep in mind that just the skins of two nice 'gators will more than pay for your troubles.
AND YOU SHOOT THEM WITH A .22. You shoot 'em with a 7.62 in the wrong place and you'll piss 'em off.
No offense to the Mrs. but if she's a true 'city woman' leave her home. She's not going to enjoy being where you have to be to hunt these guys. There's nice towns and beaches down here but nowhere near the gators.
Hunter
PS Stalker, mind a PM?

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Hunter I don't mind a PM at all and my wife is a good ole country gal.I think she just wouldn't like all the nasty anymore you know? Brains n guts just never bothered me.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sea salt the best salt! Baked taters with cheese and bacon and sea salt. Glad for blood pressure meds.I'll be good tomorrow. Promise.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Does anyone remember that gator running scene in "Live & Let Die" ?

Ross Kananga (dressed like Roger Moore) did the stunt of running across the crocodile backs in the James Bond movie 'Live and let Die'. Wow he almost got killed a couple of times!
[video=youtube;bb1c1aMcFAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bb1c1aMcFAo[/video]

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Hunter_02 - You don't shine them up to the boat and use the .44 bump stick? :nanabang:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Does anyone remember that gator running scene in "Live & Let Die" ?

Ross Kananga (dressed like Roger Moore) did the stunt of running across the crocodile backs in the James Bond movie 'Live and let Die'. Wow he almost got killed a couple of times!
[video=youtube;bb1c1aMcFAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bb1c1aMcFAo[/video]
LOL. My wife and I just watched that a few weeks ago. We were channel surfing on a cold dreary weekend, and came across it. Couldn't resist watching. I'm not a huge Roger Moore as Bond fan, but a couple of them are good. I like that one, and The Man With The Golden Gun, where they do the car barrel roll over the river. It's hilarious to see AMC as the vehicle sponsor. They had some butt ugly cars by that point.

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Rocster that is friggen beautiful.. That guy is nuts..
Stalker yall get in touch with me. I am heading out in a few here for the Nam reunion. Now hunter is correct, if you go the pro route it is big $$$$. But their are options.
1- Poaching- Go out at night with a local Red Neck. Cap the damn lizard with your AK or whatever. Pull Mr. lizard in, make damn sure it is dead. Now matt the boat and pray Mr. Warden does not hear or see you. If caught, a $5,000 fine, loss of boat, probably a good beating by Mr. Wardens.
2- Shoot one of the damn things off my dock. Pull it in, skin in, keepa you mouth shut, no pictures. Same rules as above apply if caught. Hey I don't know nuttin.
3- When one of two gator seasons start here, they vary from county too county. I get lots of offers to go out, they hunt at night. As hunter says it is a lottery drawing. Now the ticket holder can take someone with them, assistant, for $50.00. They can help retrieve the gator. Or go along, no $50 and just observe, no touch.
4- I am to old for that crap. Just no no no. Mr. gator is not bothering me, I am not bothering him. So no frig that stuff. I sleep at night.

Hunting here- No hooks. Rotten bait on a rope, wire leader attached to a buoy. Gator fully swallows boat occupants attach to buoy and the Moby Dick drag is on. When the gator gets tired, they pull it too the boat, now it MUST be secure, then bang stick too the noodle.
Sound like fun? Good tell me about it about 10:30 a.m. when I wake up.
Now you or your wife want to really go, shoot me a p.m. with your number. I can promise nothing, but I will start asking the locals. Your welcome to stay at my place.
Hell I even have gator meat here for yah, not sure if it does not have freezer burn, if not I can send yah some. So many damn gators here their all over the damn place. P.M. me be back Monday or Tuesday. 4th, Tim.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Hey 4th - you ought to tell the story of the hunt (was it 2008) when the water moccasin got into the boat and one of the guys almost put a hole in the boat trying to kill the water moccasin. :lol: My memory might be fuzzy - but was that the year they got the 300 lb gator or was it larger?

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Hey 4th - you ought to tell the story of the hunt (was it 2008) when the water moccasin got into the boat and one of the guys almost put a hole in the boat trying to kill the water moccasin. :lol: My memory might be fuzzy - but was that the year they got the 300 lb gator or was it larger?
Ah hell that happens quite a bit here. Friggen idiot Red Necks just start shooting. Oh good idea, why is that water coming in the damn boat? You shot a whole in it mo-ron.
I had one drop out of a tree just missed the bow of my boat, damn moccasin was the size of a booey constrictor, no B.S.. I would have been the second person since Moses to walk on water. Every Man, Woman and Child for themselves, abandon ship.
Little ones hang by my dock all the time, bigger ones take the prime river and back water A.O.s.. Oh my God their is one I know of the size of a nuclear sub, way up the backwater.

sniper 737 lbs. for Florida. But they go back and forth with Louisiana, Mississippi, other Southern states for record size. Damn I know where that 700 +- one is, but he can't be hunted, has to be in the lake to be legal.
737-Pound Gator Caught In Florida By Casey Anthony Witness (VIDEO, PHOTO)

Attachments

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That ain't no gator it's Godzilla! Shoot it with a 22?LOL! Well I used to shoot 300 pound hogs my dad raised with a 22 but they weren't a dinosaur trying to get in the boat with me.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But isn't that what troy says in the swamp show? Shoot shoot!

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know Romaniac. I was just translating is all. LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts