Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I can't find a place that sells loose tritium dots like the ones on night sights. I need the kind that are loose like the ones at Makarov.com (actually I just know those glow in the dark, I don't think they are tritium). Mararov.com is sold out. Can anybody give any help?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yeah, and if you find it, post it! I looked too with no results.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right Right, I ran accross some of that stuff in my search, but someone must have glueable luminous dots?

·
1,763 Posts
thanks PT, because of you now I want another watch, I just about got the watch collection thing outta me, now I want a Tritium Smith and Wesson watch.
But you could buy a watch and remove all the dots, I would call some of those places that sell those Tritium exit signs and see if they have a lead for you. This guy on ebay even talks about removing the Tritium capsules from this watch item number 6501576814

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hcpookie said:
If you want to do what I think you want to do, you're going to need to buy some Glock night sights and dremel them apart.
I need two dots, rather small ones, as I want to stick them to the back of my new microclick mojo thats on the RPK. I'll soon be buying the front sight windage drum from Ace LTD. that allows the use of AR front sight blades and sticking a trijicon front sight blade on it. So it would be nice to have the two dots on the rear sight to help line up in lower light. I hadn't considered using a couple of premade night sights as donors. Thats what I love about this site. Thanks Pookie.

BTW Kevin I'll also look into the cost of a watch as I think the dots may be good material. They'll have to be pretty small. Thanks. Oh yeah, glad I could be of service on corrupting you back into your watch collecting :). Thats what you guys do to me every day with gun stuff, lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If Im not mistaken, for some dumb reason tritium sights arent allowed on AKs. Be careful. Does someone know for sure?

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Isn't Tritium a gas which is contained,in gun sights,in small glass vials?While Radium is painted on and "Fluoresces" through atomic decay?

·
Registered
625 Posts
dinkydow said:
Isn't Tritium a gas which is contained,in gun sights,in small glass vials?While Radium is painted on and "Fluoresces" through atomic decay?
dinkydow you?ve got it, it?s not very smart trying to demill a sight with a small glass vial that can break! You inhale the Tritium gas and your looking for Cancer, same thing with the dust from Radium. Lets hope you can find a source for the Tritium vials themselves.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn thats all bad news!!! OK maybe I'll just look for some phos. paint. when I can.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Oldgunner said:
dinkydow you?ve got it, it?s not very smart trying to demill a sight with a small glass vial that can break! You inhale the Tritium gas and your looking for Cancer, same thing with the dust from Radium. Lets hope you can find a source for the Tritium vials themselves.
Actually I wasn't thinking of removing the tritium from the sight, I was thinking of adapting the sight for use on an AK. If there are AR front sight posts that use it, you can probably use that in the same way. A spot weld with a MIG and you've got a tritium AK rear sight.

BTW I don't think those are glass vials on the night sights I have... never heard of that myself but I've never looked either ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts