Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, there's a lot of places in my state that have lost power because of the ice storm. :cold:

Hope they have some way of heating their house.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Keep yer fingers crossed Pogo. Keep warm!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yeah, I just got out of Ohio and that storm they had. No power for 3 days and the roads were a damn mess. Im glad I dont live in those states that get snow anymore. I sure dont miss it. Drive safe in that mess.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a 10,000 watt generator that I can run my house one if need be. An ice storm like this is worse than any snow storm. It can knock down miles and miles of power lines and blow out transformers.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thats what Ohio had the week before christmas. They had an ice storm before the 10-12 inches came in. 200,000 people without power for a few days.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ice on tree limbs and on things in the morning sun can be beautiful. But it's a dangerous beauty. When the ice starts melting, it falls on power lines, switches, transformers, and then.... KAPOW!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Pogo said:
But, there's a lot of places in my state that have lost power because of the ice storm. :cold:

Hope they have some way of heating their house.
Last year in Novemember Pogo, we had a flood that wiped out a gas main that fed our area. Then it temps dropped. We had no gas for a week and the temps were 15-20.

Talk about cold. Luckily I had a good sized kerosene heater that I used to keep lines from freezing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts