Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about finished up this morning. I've bought a lot of the presents on the internet. Anyone else do a lot of that? Are ya about done with your Santa gig? :santa:

:D

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Last year I shopped online---this year I wish I had :crybaby:

I will be with the millions of maniacs this weekend trying to find something that resembles a gift fromt he heart.....lol

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I'm done but it took going to the mall with my daughter so she could help me pick out some things for my wife. For some reason, she did not think Home Depot was the place to shop.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course it depends on what you are wanting to buy, but there are some serious discounts being offered on jewelry and electronics right now.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Custer said:
I'm done but it took going to the mall with my daughter so she could help me pick out some things for my wife. For some reason, she did not think Home Depot was the place to shop.
I have a tendency to want to go to places like Home Depot and Gander Mountain to shop for my wife too. :D

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The vast majority of my X-mas shopping was done online. It sure saves aggravation. The citizens of a city just across the border, like to come to El Paso to shop and they are very rude, discourteous shoppers.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
very rude, discourteous shoppers.
Ah, the holidays...It seems rudeness abounds. I tend to be what I call a "combat shopper". I dress in the most offensive, politically incorrect clothing I have and shop with attitude ! Don't get me wrong, I do my best not to be a rude shopper but when I run into them I have my fun. I kill them with politeness, nothing like a man in combat boots and a leather trenchcoat being overly apologetic to the guilty party. "Why I'm sorry, was I in your way? How inconsiderate of me...":biggrin:

I still need to pick up a few gifts yet. A couple of days before Christmas I like to go to a local farm market. They've got fresh baked pies and breads along with all sorts of snack foods and fresh cider. They make great gifts for the little "Santa run" I make on Christmas Eve. The gift of good food that they can share with their families always goes over well with old family friends and a few select customers of mine. Always nice to get to spend a few minutes of the holiday season with people I care about but don't see often, besides, give an old person a freshly baked pie and you've got a friend for life! :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Christmas shopping made easy= money + envelopes.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
trying to find the perfect gift for my wife is always something that takes a lot of thought. I wish she would be happy unwrapping an AK on christmas morning - but I get a more favorable reaction if I get her precious moments or jewelry.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I do very little shopping and it makes Mrs.Sang very cross with me. I did go with her to get the kids their gifts from us. I ordered Turk 38 for my Dad and basically I'm done.

I have not wrapped one gift yet as she has beaten me to it everytime! :D

She made mention of that and I said " I don't handle Christmas very well" She replied, I know you don't.....

We don't exchange gifts either and that cuts down on the trouble, but every year I start looking about this time and I get her something small.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know what you mean Sang. I sorta malinger and hold back on the wrapping of things I bought. Finally, my wife gets tired of my antics and wraps the gifts herself. :newyear:

:D

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Lupeloff said:
Christmas shopping made easy= money + envelopes.
Hell, Lupe. I just found out your my long lost uncle 4 times removed on my cousin's side. I would like one of those envelopes.

:biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts