Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's going to look quite similar to this one.

I'm going to make mine out of hickory, and perhaps some cherry or walnut for a little additional accent. I'll post pictures as I progress on it.

Sure hope I ain't a boring people with pics. :D

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Pretty neat, Pogo........somehow I just never thought of a gun cart before. Rather than post pics of your finished product why not post pics of your project as the work progresses????? :smoke:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'll do that DorGunR. You almost have to have a gun cart if you shoot in cowboy action events. You have to carry a shotgun, a rifle, and ammo for them and your pistols. Also, you want to have some snacks and something to drink, and some place you can hang your bag for your empty shells. And, I'm going to make it big enough to carry either guns for my wife or my shooting buddy cause it's fun to partner up with someone you know. And, ya gotta have a place for an umbrella and a place to sit. :D

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Pogo said:
And, ya gotta have a place for an umbrella and a place to sit. :D
I was at a tailgate party and the folks I went with had a canopy that 8' x 8' and it folded up and stored in a nice neat little package. There was no tent stakes or poles to lose. Pretty neat little contraption. Kinda worked like those fold up chairs.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dang Pogo........That's not a gun cart you're talking about..........it's called a pickup truck. :)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Preacher said:
I was at a tailgate party and the folks I went with had a canopy that 8' x 8' and it folded up and stored in a nice neat little package. There was no tent stakes or poles to lose. Pretty neat little contraption. Kinda worked like those fold up chairs.
I've got one of those. I think it's either 10'x10' or 12'x12', not sure which. But they sure are handy.

More pictures of course. :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
How'd ya get by with such a small fire???

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should have seen it when my wife got done dragging in the firewood. :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I melted a pot once, with dinner in it.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Lupeloff said:
I melted a pot once, with dinner in it.
Lupe........when you were told that "a watched pot never boils"......that's not what they ment.:biggrin:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here ya go DorGunR, my first picture of building my cart:

I'm cheating, cause I've got my shop cat helping me, and checking out my work.

This is some pretty nice hickory, but I need to glue it up to make it a little wider than what I had in stock.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
WOW............a QC cat. :biggrin:

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Hey with your tools, resources and know-how, I expect to see a better cart than the one in the picture.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Hummmm I see a whole parking area full of those carts ;)

We had a fire so hot on the beach one night that beer cans were bursting into flames and burning down to ash. You could still read the printing on them afterwards. It was pretty cool....or hot, depends on your perspective :D

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
hey, wonder if you could make one of those things with a rickshaw type thing on the front so my kid could pull it and me along? :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im sure being a cabinet maker your Guncart will look really nice!

I need to make a gun rack for shooting as well...

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Did someone say ...........gunkarts?

I have been using this gun kart for a few years and have found that it makes transporting..........toys..........much easier.I don't have to pedal it either.
If I could still see right...I would give the cowboy action shooting a try..looks like a good time.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Pogo said:
It's going to look quite similar to this one.

I'm going to make mine out of hickory, and perhaps some cherry or walnut for a little additional accent. I'll post pictures as I progress on it.

Sure hope I ain't a boring people with pics. :D
All I can say is, there's a "You know you're a ******* if..." joke in there somewhere.

;)
Lynch

1 - 20 of 34 Posts