Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, fellow Santa's Helpers! I received a phone call from Jake's Mom, Tanya Ashley. She is an example of southern grace. Ms. Ashley personally thanked me. She wanted to thank many of you, whose mailing addresses she did not have. Tanya sent me the following thank you, which she asked I post here:

From Tanya Ashley:

I want to thank each of you for sharing the spirit of Christmas with us.

A few weeks ago when I felt dread about the coming holiday...I could not have imagined what was about to happen... it was like the twelve days of Christmas!

It started when we came home one day and found a huge poinsetta on the front porch...and a tree with lights and decorations at the back door.

A few days later...gifts started arriving everyday via US mail or special delivery thru Christmas Eve.

One day when I came home and opened the door...there was a very comical suffed Santa waving at me...LOL...everyday was a surprise!

A very special thanks to each of you for the thought and care you put into the gifts you sent us.

Your generosity in giving of your time and energy to make this the most special Christmas we have ever had are gifts that we will always cherish and always remember.

God's blessings be with each of you and may you all prosper and be in good health in the new year!

Sincerely
Tanya (mom) and Jake

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
She's very welcome and this peice of news actually makes me happier than anything I experienced this holiday.

Sometimes visiting family and dragging 2 children around who are worn out, crabby, and sick is just too much. It's nice to hear someone had there faith in Christmas restored.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I think it is US,,,who should tell you," Tanya and Jake", Thank You!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
75_stingray said:
I think it is US,,,who should tell you," Tanya and Jake", Thank You!
Ditto ....I'm just glad to be able to help spread the spirit of the season. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thank you again guys. Now mom wants to have Christmas here next year. Before this Christmas she wanted to aviod the holiday, now she looks forward too it again.

First time in along time I can remember her being this way.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My thanks to you and Mom, Jake, you guys made my Christmas and I am greatful.
Roy

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Peacemaker said:
Thank you again guys. Now mom wants to have Christmas here next year. Before this Christmas she wanted to aviod the holiday, now she looks forward too it again.

That's what Christmas is all about---I'm glad we could help--it definately put me into the Christmas spirit. I hadn't bought anyone anything for Christmas until I bought ya'lls stuff--then watchout--I was mixin' and minglin' in the stores. It was a pleasure Jake and Tanya :)

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
Peacemaker said:

That made my day! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts